Finding the best theme for selling appointment-based services

Highlighted
1 0 0

My company sells in-person (not online) tutoring and testing services by appointment.  What are some good themes to use as we want to narrow down from general to specific service to tutor type and then the tutor's individual availability for potentially a couple hundred tutors over time.

Should I be using a specific app?  If so, which one(s) would you recommend?

Also, within the theme/app, how do I control limitations on when people can book?  For example, I need to prevent someone for booking an appointment with a tutor 30 minutes ahead of time when the person doesn't know their services are wanted.  I want their availability to be closed without a phone call at 24 hours ahead of time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1235 5 87

Hi there,

We offer an App for taking appointments and managing bookings in Shopify: BookThatApp. The App works with any theme available in the theme store.

Also, within the theme/app, how do I control limitations on when people can book?  For example, I need to prevent someone for booking an appointment with a tutor 30 minutes ahead of time when the person doesn't know their services are wanted.  I want their availability to be closed without a phone call at 24 hours ahead of time.

BookThatApp has 2 features that support this: Cutoff Date and Lead/Lag Time. Cutoff Date addresses the "closed without a phone call 24 hours ahead of time" part. You may also use lead and lag times to account for the tutor's travelling time so that they don't get back to back bookings.

A couple of other features we have that may be of interest in your application:

• Staff Accounts allow tutors to log in to BookThatApp and only see bookings for the products (or locations) they are assigned to.
  • You can block out vacation and public holiday dates using the Blackout feature.
  • 2 way ICal integration allows tutors to manage available/free time in their own calendar (e.g. Google Calendar) and it will automatically update in BookThatApp.
  • Email notifications are sent to the staff member when a new booking is made and you can also set up reminder notifications to be sent to the customer (and optionally cc in the tutor) a couple of days before the booking. 
  • The Appointment widget allows customers to optionally choose a resource (Tutor) when making the booking

The App has a free trial so please feel free to give it a shot. Please email us at support@zetya.com if you need any help setting it up.

Thanks, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 28 187

Hi, @Integrity1st

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out about setting up appointments and services on your site, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

There are a few different free and paid themes that work well for businesses who sell services. Some of the choices I recommend checking out are listed here: 

While the paid themes mentioned above are specifically designed for selling services, Narrative and Minimal are two free options that also work well for this business model. Narrative is specifically built for small catalogs and product storytelling, so if you have just a few different tutoring and testing services to offer, this theme is a great choice. Additionally, Minimal offers a clean and easy to navigate design in order to ensure your products and services remain as the focus on your site, so this could also work well for you. 

Please keep in mind that the support we offer on themes differs slightly depending on if the theme is free and developed by Shopify, or a paid theme that's developed by a third party developer instead. For more information on this, check out this link

In terms of apps for appointment bookings, @Zetya_Gavin made a great suggestion above, but I also wanted to outline a few additional options to consider, such as Sesami: Appointment Booking and Tipo Appointment Booking. However, some other apps like Experiences App and Booking App by Webkul may also have some additional features that could be beneficial to the services you have available. Each of these apps offer free trial periods, so I recommend trying out a few of the apps first to ensure you select the one that works the best for your business.

Lastly, I know you were interested in adding limitations to the booking options, so I recommend reaching out to the app developers directly for more information on how this works within their apps, and what parameters are possible to add. You can contact the developers directly by following the steps here

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about these details. If you need any additional assistance, I'll be happy to help further! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes