Fixed price add-on regardless of order quantity

A_Lilley
4 0 0

Hi Everyone,

Is there a solution or app that will allow

pricing of product option add-ons to calculate and add a flat rate to the cart regardless of the order quantity?

My shop sells rope by the foot in custom lengths. 

I would like to add options for the rope ends (eye splice $30, whipping $10, hardware $20, ect).

If a customer purchases 50' of rope @ $1/per foot = $50

If the customer then adds an eye splice for $30, the cart should update to show the $30 add-on, TOTAL = $80.

So far I have tried Infinite Options App and Best Custom Product Options App.

Both apps multiply the cost of the add-on to the order quantity.

This exact question was asked in 2018 but the proposed solution does not work because of Shopify's variant limit.

If anyone can help. .. . it is much appreciated!

Thank you.

Replies 3 (3)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2227 203 593

My team could code in a solution for you. We did something similar with our app Tip Jar. You can see the demo here: https://tip-jar-app.myshopify.com.

1. Add a product to cart

2. Go to cart page

3. You see a button to add a tip. It adds a set amount to the cart.

We could do something similar on your site. One idea would be to have a section with checkboxes (of the addons) on the rope product pages, then the user could check the box(es) and click a button like "Add selected extras to your cart". Then it would add those add-ons as line items in the cart.

Here's another solution we built custom: https://treetribe.com/products/forest-camo-leggings. You can see the matching products that the user can add to the cart. We could do something similar for you, show a thumbnail + price and individual add to cart buttons.

If you want us to build a custom solution for you, contact us at speedboostr.com/contact, ask for Joe, and include your website + a link to this post and I'll jump in there and help you out.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
A_Lilley
4 0 0

Thank you for your response.

I do not think this solution will work because the line items cannot be added

to the cart with associated pricing. The line item price would still be multiplied

by the number of units added to cart (in this case footage of rope added to cart).

Also - any matching product add-ons would need to be directly associated with

the particular rope in the cart - in the instance where a customer is purchasing

multiple pieces of rope.

I'm sure there is a solution. . . just haven't found it yet.

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2227 203 593

You're welcome, there's a solution, it just needs to be custom coded.

The line item price would still be multiplied by the number of units added to cart (in this case footage of rope added to cart).
If you're referring to the customized add-on product, this statement is incorrect. You can add any item or quantity using the Shopify ajax API: https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/ajax-api

For associated products, you can write some custom code to do something like "if product is A then show add-on product B".

What you'd do is make the add on products their own product, then add them to the cart programmatically so you can control the quantity.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks