Form builder that allows for new/multiple input fields

tfantina
5 0 0

I'm looking for a form builder that specifically allows users to add additional fields.  For example if you had a contact form to request an estimate for a job, you may have an "estimate" field, but if the user needed multiple estimates they should be able to hit a button like "add another" to add another estimate field?

So far I've looked at: AAAeCommerce Inc's form builder, POWr.io's form builder, and NDNAPP's form builder but I haven't quite found anything with the above functionality (unless I just wasn't able to figure it out).  Can anyone recommend an app that would allow this?

0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
183 1 107

Hi @tfantina,

Have you checked out the Customer Fields app? I'm very familiar with the form builder apps on Shopify and, unfortunately, I haven't seen any apps that have the "add another" capability you're looking for-- that's a bit tricky from a development perspective, but it is in the Customer Fields app's roadmap!

What type of data are you trying to capture in your "estimate" field?

As an alternative, you could use a checkbox field that says "Add another" and use form logic to display an additional field. See example below:

Screen Recording 2020-06-15 at 05.18 PM.gif

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
472 36 74

An app doesn't replace what a developer could do in a day. Unless you're adding conditional fields throughout your site hire a developer for an hour or two because that's all it should take. You could also dig into some of the docs if you're a DYI. Shopify makes adding custom fields into forms super easy so what you're looking for is literally a few lines of JavaScript and HTML. I make Shopify apps and I wouldn't recommend one for this. 

Best,

Sam 

Install Approovly to create and track order approvals | We want to hear from you hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Custom Shopify Apps achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
tfantina
5 0 0

Thanks @michael-helium, I will definitely check that out.  

@achieveapplabs I'll look into spinning this sort of thing up, I thought I could save some time if there was a good form builder out there since we are just making an MVP for a client. 

0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
183 1 107

Regarding the value of using an app vs. a non-app solution, you have to consider how you'll handle the data from your custom fields. If it's just a contact form and you don't need that data anywhere other than email, then a non-app solution would save you money in the long run.

However, if you need the ability to aggregate that data, filter submissions, or get the data from your form into an external database, CRM, or email marketing platform... then an app would provide a lot of value.

Customer Fields provides a directory where you can easily view & filter customers by the data collected in your custom fields (gender, birthday, etc.) as well as the ability to save customer segments (ie: all customers with birthdays this month). Then, you can export CSVs to use for email marketing, or use our Zapier integration (coming soon!) to import that directly into your external database, CRM, or email marketing platform.

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
0 Likes