I have developed a free coupon sharing app called Gravy Coupons that helps stores promote coupons (currently unlisted, under review for App store listing). Basically you just enable any coupons you have already in your store using the app, and it will show them to anyone with the Gravy Coupons Chrome Extension added to their browser when they search for keywords and click the app extension icon. So if you install the Chrome extension below, and search for "shed" in your Chrome search you will see a coupon for $25 off a shed when you click the Chrome Extension in your top right browser bar. I only make $ using Amazon affiliate links for searches in Canada and the US.
I would love any feedback on this or to hear of any bugs!.
How it works:
1. Add app to your store: https://coupon.gravytrain.io/
2. From app dashboard under "Main" tab, you will see a list of all valid coupons.
3. Select a coupon from the list by clicking on the coupon name or edit button. You will then go to the manage coupon page where you can manage keywords and offer details for that particular coupon and enable it to display in Chrome browsers.
4. In the "Keywords" box, input relevant keywords separated by spaces i.e. "backpack hiking shoe". (The keywords searched for in Chrome browsers with the Gravy extension will show coupons and offers based on matching keywords and coupons provided by you.)
5. Within the "Offer Details" box you can add offer copy that will appear in the Chrome Browser Extension when visitors click on the Gravy icon.
6. Once done, change the pull-down menu to "Yes" to have your coupon enabled and go live on Chrome desktop browsers.
7. When someone searches in the Chrome address bar (ominibox) using a keyword, they will see relevant/valid coupons from your Shopify store.
Wow, finally a really really cool app. I've seen a lot of this, but everything I've seen turned out to be complete crap. I just installed this extension in my browser, so I can't give a complete review, but so far I really like what I have. I used to use DontPayFull.com to get fresh coupons, now I have one more service for that. By the way, have you thought about adding synchronization with various coupon sites? That is, to collect a database of sites and download coupons from these sites to the application every day? I think this is a very interesting idea. I hope you will be fine. Good luck developing the extension!
Thanks for your kind words. I intended to start with pulling coupons only from Shopify sites, but would definitely consider adding coupons from other sources. Good idea! I will have a look for some APIs that are available... Chris