I keep getting this error when trying to publish the products. I have tried changing the domain in my google merchant account under settings. I change it, verify/claim it and then try to republish and get the error for every domain I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
On a first kick of the tyres, this works really nicely, although I've got a few questions:
1. Will there be any way to submit a custom description? At the moment, all of the HTML formatting from the full description is being submitted, along with some special excerpt stuff we use to display a shortened description on collection pages.
2. How do we go about adding the particular meta fields for a particular type of product? The documentation in the app is really clear about defining different fields for different types of products, but I can't see how to change the fields for a particular product.
3. Will there be any way to choose which products get submitted? From a particular collection for example?
Aware this is still in beta, but thought I'd jump in early!
Thanks for the feature request. Adding custom descriptions isn't something that's in the current plan (this is the first I've heard of the feature request) but it's something I'll consider. I can definitely see how it would be useful.
The ability to choose which products get submitted by creating a custom collection is one of the most popular feature requests for the app. That feature isn't on the roadmap to get the product out of beta, but it'll be one of the top priority features after the app is officially launched.
As for editing the metafields for a product, you'll find a section called "metafields" on your product pages in the Shopify admin. You can edit these to set the MPN, Age group, Gender and Google Product Type for your products. To set UPC / EAN / JAN / ISBN for a product, you can edit the Barcode on a product variant.
Thanks, Peter. What's optimal for the site might be not be optimal for the CSE feed. So if you just had an option to enter a different description and stick that in a metafield and have it used for the export, we'd be good.
HI Peter — thanks for the reply.
I think my main concern with the description field is that right now it's full of lots of extra HTML junk, and I'm not sure how Google will treat that.
The main reason I want to be selective over product submissions is so that a subset of products can be submitted and tested, before rolling them all out. If that's not on the immediate roadmap, then it's no big deal for me.
Will take another look at the meta fields — we've only just started hooking up with Google Shopping today, so still have some way to go with learning all the details!
This maybe not an appropriate reply for this thread, but I could really use some assistance on the Google Shopping App described above.... I have already claimed and verified my domain, but the Shopping App STILL insists that I have not, and therefore I cannot proceed.... it's showing in my Google Account as claimed & verified (and I doubt I'm seeing things!).... any ideas on what the issue could be? It's been over 8 hours now and still no change.... Thanks for any help :-(
There's probably one of two things going on:
1. Please make sure you verified and claimed your public shop url (sarehandjones.com) and not your myshopify.com domain. Some of the screenshots in the app are confusing, we're releasing an update to fix that.
2. Please make sure that the Google Merchant Center account where you've verified the domain matches the Google account that you used to authenticate the Shopify app. Sometimes people accidentally authenticate the app with a personal Gmail address, rather than their business Google address. You can see which GMail address the app is using in small text at the bottom of the onboarding pages.
If neither of these work, please re-post and I'll contact you directly to work it out.
MB: Thanks for letting me know. There were a few shops that were stuck in the "publishing" state. I've jump-started those shops, and they're in the process of fixing themselves, so hopefully your shop is fixed now or will be soon. I'll be looking into ways to prevent that from happening in the future.
|3 hours ago|
|3 hours ago|
|3 hours ago|
|5 hours ago|