Fulfilling Orders from 2 Different Countries (US and Canada) Through Same Website

mmmmmmmm
8 0 0

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to fulfill orders from 2 different countries (US and Canada) through a single site?

This is the setup I'm considering:

• Orders come in through a single website (e.g. acme.com)
  • If order is from US > send order to Shipbob > Fulfill with US warehouse
  • If order is from Canada> send order to Shipstation > Fulfill with our own Canadian warehouse

Can Shipbob and Shipstation apps be connected to the same store and work okay?

Can I get Shipbob to only import US orders, and Shipstation to only import Canadian orders?

Or is there any other setup that would be more ideal?

Thanks

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1227 109 297

That sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

For the details about both of those apps I would ask them.

To give you some idea here's my preferred setup:

- store inventory in US Amazon warehouses, use Amazon FBA to fulfill orders on Amazon and Shopify USA customers.

- use a fulfillment company or do in-house for international orders (volume dictates the use of a 3rd party fulfillment center or not).

- I've also ran a setup where inventory is stored in Amazon CA and UK, and fulfill orders in those regions from those fulfillment centers.

Shopify has a fulfillment program as well, I think if you're doing 10+ orders a day you can apply for that.

With any solution you choose, I would have a single website. I've seen regional based websites do well, but with a single website you collect all your links and traffic in a single spot. It's easier to manage and will have stronger SEO.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).