Fulfilling Orders from 2 Different Countries (US and Canada) Through Same Website

Highlighted
7 0 0

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to fulfill orders from 2 different countries (US and Canada) through a single site?

This is the setup I'm considering:

• Orders come in through a single website (e.g. acme.com)
  • If order is from US > send order to Shipbob > Fulfill with US warehouse
  • If order is from Canada> send order to Shipstation > Fulfill with our own Canadian warehouse

Can Shipbob and Shipstation apps be connected to the same store and work okay?

Can I get Shipbob to only import US orders, and Shipstation to only import Canadian orders?

Or is there any other setup that would be more ideal?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
654 45 142

That sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

For the details about both of those apps I would ask them.

To give you some idea here's my preferred setup:

- store inventory in US Amazon warehouses, use Amazon FBA to fulfill orders on Amazon and Shopify USA customers.

- use a fulfillment company or do in-house for international orders (volume dictates the use of a 3rd party fulfillment center or not).

- I've also ran a setup where inventory is stored in Amazon CA and UK, and fulfill orders in those regions from those fulfillment centers.

Shopify has a fulfillment program as well, I think if you're doing 10+ orders a day you can apply for that.

With any solution you choose, I would have a single website. I've seen regional based websites do well, but with a single website you collect all your links and traffic in a single spot. It's easier to manage and will have stronger SEO.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like