Functionality based on GEO-location

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

Please can you suggest any app which will help to enable or disable a functionality based omn GEO-location.

For example if I want to allow consumer from certain region to book for the service that is available on the store.

Is this possible with any app in the shopify app store.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
32 6 13

I would like to suggest something that many Shopify stores are already using. That is an IP geolocation API.

You can use this API to direct your visitors to the right page according to their location. For users who can avail the service, you can redirect them to the service page, detecting their location from their IP address. For all others, you can redirect them to a 404 page or something like "this service isn't available in your region yet." 

You can see how Sugarfina is using this API to get exactly what you're going for.

If you need more details on how this works, you can always get in touch with me. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 45 129

Hi, @rghogle!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Like @Zainab-e suggested, using an API would be one way to achieve this. However, if you are not comfortable with API and custom development, there's also an app called Geoip Product Blocker available in our Shopify App Store. This app will give you the ability to create rules to block certain products or collections that aren't available in some countries, based on the customer's IP address. Best of all, you don't need to use any custom coding to use this app. If you require any support with this app, the developers have contact information you can find in the Support section of the app page, along with their FAQ.

I think this app will help you achieve exactly what you're looking for. What kind of services are you selling? I'd love to learn more about your business and how this feature will come in handy. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi,  GEOContent can do the exact work.

It can show/hide buttons based on your visitors' location info, matching IPs in their large databases.

For example, you can enable/disable "Book" button for visitors from certain regions. It could prevent unwanted clicks, signups and etc in certain regions...

Even better, you don't have to code. The tool is easy to set.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes