Fundraising Sub Store

MachadoFarm
3 0 0

I am looking to do something a little different and can't seem to find an app that will help. I am looking for a way to create sub stores to allow others to drive people to the site to buy for a fundraiser. Sort of like affiliate marketing but for school groups or other clubs.  The problem is with fundraisers you normally offer a much larger percentage and in order to do so, I need a different environment where the sales I offer normal customers do not apply to fundraiser sales. Short of setting up a completely different store and using a synchronizing app to manage products and inventory I can't think of a better way to do this. If anyone has any ideas I would much appreciate it! 

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1031 77 166

Hi, there!

Elle here from Shopify. 

Have you checked out the app called Locksmith yet? This app will allow you to create private 'members only' sections of your storefront, where you can host products that are sold for different prices. 

You could direct fundraiser customers directly to those pages, and provide them with the password through your advertising efforts. 

Let me know if you think this will work! Hope it helps. 

Cheers,

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 81

Hi, again.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. The Locksmith app that Elle suggested is a great app for allowing/ or blocking customers from certain pages or sections of your site, rather than creating a new one. I wanted to share another app as well, just in case it might have some more functionality that you (or someone else reading this post) might be after - Omnistar Affiliate Software. It offers some discount and promotional features that might come in handy if you're working lots of different user who need to be tracked and rewarded. 

I hope one of these options helps you move forward with your idea and shop.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
jordang1
1 0 3

Hi Max,

I am also looking for something similar. We run fundraisers for schools where they promote our product and a percentage of each sale that they generate will go back to the school to reach their fundraising target.

How this could possibly work:

1. School directs parents to their unique fundraising link

2. Parents have the ability to purchase from this page and can also see how much the school has raised in the fundraiser - EG $2000 of their goal of $10,000

3. When the parents purchase, 20% of the order total goes towards the schools fundraising target and is instantly updated on the fundraising chart total for all to see

Do you know of any apps out there that do something similar that we can customise to suit our needs?

Cheers,

Jordan

TurnerandAddie
1 0 2
I’m looking for the same thing!
reba
2 0 0

Hi there,

Did anyone on this thread find an app to fit your fundraising needs? The company I am working for (BeeBagz) is looking for something similar. Shopify has suggested "Shop for Good" which may end up working, but I want to explore other options just be sure I'm picking the right one.

We are looking to have schools/sports teams be able to sign up to fundraise with us and a % of sales would go back to their school/team. Looking for an app that can support this alongside our normal store. 

I'm interested in hearing of apps that have worked for this purpose and how you've liked them

Thank you,

Rebecca

0 Likes
justinWAC
3 0 0

Did you ever find something that worked? I also work with schools and would like to provide them each with their open landing page and be able to track each school's sales separately. 

0 Likes
reba
2 0 0
Nope, we didn't Seems like the 3rd party apps are all really cost
prohibitive for a small company and really cut into the fundraising profits
of the school.

We are going to try to work within the shopify system which will mean
things are a bit more manual, but it's just our reality right now. Here's
what we're thinking in terms of an order process for the schools:
- students submit hard copy order forms to their teacher/school organizer
by an agreed upon deadline.
- teacher/organizer mails or scans and emails order forms to us
- we make a master order spreadsheet from the hard copy order forms
- we create a "discount code" (set to zero) that is unique to each school.
this will allow us to sort orders by schools in the reports to see totals
etc.
- we create individual "draft orders" for each customer and use the above
discount code to allocate it to the appropriate school
- we send invoices via email to buyers via the draft order function
- we ship only the orders and associated fundrising funds to the school for
orders paid in full
- as a side note, we are also accepting cash so have made our prices
including tax be round numbers for ease of collection at the school level.
The schools will likely then wrtie a cheque or e-transfer us this money

We are testing this method by putting our shopify store in test/draft mode
and using made-up info to workout some kinks. We will also test with a
couple of schools at first in a slow ramp-up as we sort out a
smooth-as-possible system.

Hope this helps!
I'm curious as to what you decide as well
Rebecca
0 Likes
CarlyGG
1 0 0

We are looking to do a fundraiser with a local private school for back to school with branded and monogrammed masks, cases, etc.

It seems that the route we will likely explore is one of the afilliate marketing apps.   I just need to look into which the best one might be.

Does anyone have any experience? they range in price, but up to $25  a month would be OK, especially given that many have free  trials, and we wouldnt be running the fundraiser all year.

Has anyone tried this?

0 Likes
christinewilson
Tourist
13 0 2

I'm following as I am trying to do the same for sports fundraisers, and would love parents to see the products on our site, but will have different pricing structure so I need to keep it separate from our core business.  Any suggestions / tips welcome.

thanks, christine

0 Likes