Gallery with change image hover feature?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 2 0

Hey there!

I have been searching for an app that allows me to have a gallery that when hovered over, shows a secondary image - however the caveat is that I want this NOT to be a product page! I've found many apps that allow a secondary product image change upon a mouseover for a listing, but I am struggling to find this feature within a gallery (that can sit on its own page, and is not product based).

Example: I sell yarn, and want to have a gallery showing a library of colors offered over time, that when hovered over, show what the color looks like knit up. Not all colors are always available, which is why I want this to sit on a separate non-product page, but they can be special ordered, hence still showing the library.

Any help or pointers in the right direction are much appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
492 61 79

@zeezeetextiles 

You can achieve this with customization. here is a simple example of a custom section which is created for item with text. A similar thing is possible for a new page and gallery.

https://demo-myob.myshopify.com/

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 2 0

Thank you! I was wondering if customization was the best route. Do you have an app that would help me with this / can be customized, or are you suggesting customization in general? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
492 61 79

You may want to explore the apps on the app store, I am not aware of any. I am suggesting customization in general, to save recurring cost if your use case is simple and defined.

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 1 4

Hey @zeezeetextiles,

You might want to try the PickyStory's Gallery feature. You can add unlimited galleries to any page in your store an make every image shippable, so once you click on it, it displays all products that are relevant to the image. You can quickly set it up with just a few clicks.

Hope this helps!

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 2 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hey all! This has been solved with XO Gallery's new feature to add a secondary image to gallery (not product page) that will show upon hover effect. This was exactly what I was looking for, and highly recommend! Thanks for everyones input!

0 Likes