Geo restriction on regional product availability

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Single website - buniquemillinery.com.au, with 4 warehouses across the world (Australia, London/Europe, US and Canada). These warehouses are setup internally as Shopify Warehouse Collections.

We restrict which products can be shipped between locations based on product availability, cost, and now with covid the duration it takes to ship.

Need to restrict so users only see the products in their own area eg, if in US, I only see products included in the US Warehouse Collection.

We have numerous abandoned orders when people have selected products outside their region/permitted shipping - blocked by our shipping app as no shipping options are shown.

Have tried couple of apps - Geoip ( our collections are too large), and GeoSwitcher (no capability with the search option).

Welcome any feedback. possible solutions from the Community - we use the supply theme.

Thanks

Doug

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
31 0 10

Unfortunately I don't have an answer but I've been wondering the same thing. Look forward to seeing a solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

HI @DougieTr ,

We have a app for checking and restricting the shipping based on zipcode released recently -> https://apps.shopify.com/shipping-availability-checker.

It doesn't check any IP or geo, it just simply uses the ZIPcode rules set from the back end. Rules can be set for whole store or for specific products.

You can set it for multiple products as well. This avoid some number of non serviceable order and support costs.

If this is something interesting to you then, Give it a try.

We do provide 7 day free trial. We are happy to set it up for you.

@modertation team - I guess that, it is okay to suggest apps from app store. I'm pretty new here. Let me know if anything.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2
this appears to be product based which would be a large maintenance task if not at the collection level.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi there! 

As you have 4 warehouses serving different markets and want to visitors to see products only available to local markets from only one certain warehouse, it is better you conduct multiple sites serving different domains, like exampleshop.au, exampleshop.co.uk, exampleshop.com, and exampleshop.ca. I  n this way, it give you the best flexibility to control differences of stock availability, products, prices, shipping costs etc.  You can simply duplicate your website and make each site localised according to your warehouse and serving markets.

Among multiple-regional site setting, you can auto direct your visitors to correct site URL based on their locations. It prevents them getting lost in your other shops showing them products not available to their markets. The location-specific site effectively engage with your visitors, only showing them relevant products, and boost your conversation rate. use IP geolocation services, for example, Geo Targetly. With its geo redirect tool, you can set up redirecting rules associated with each individual locations within a few steps, no code is necessary.

Hope it helps!

Single website - buniquemillinery.com.au, with 4 warehouses across the world (Australia, London/Europe, US and Canada). These warehouses are setup internally as Shopify Warehouse Collections.

We restrict which products can be shipped between locations based on product availability, cost, and now with covid the duration it takes to ship.

Need to restrict so users only see the products in their own area eg, if in US, I only see products included in the US Warehouse Collection.

We have numerous abandoned orders when people have selected products outside their region/permitted shipping - blocked by our shipping app as no shipping options are shown.

Have tried couple of apps - Geoip ( our collections are too large), and GeoSwitcher (no capability with the search option).

Welcome any feedback. possible solutions from the Community - we use the supply theme.

Thanks

Doug

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi DougieTr,

Assigning zipcode / postcode at collection level should be possible, we can do that for you. Let us know if you are interested. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
31 0 10

I'd be interested in talking about this, @ShopSappers. What's the best email to reach you at?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

If mentioning email is okay then it is, -> support@shopsappers.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

doug@buniquemillinery.com.au

0 Likes