Get "Expected a valid shop query parameter" when I switch between pages in my App

akhilkamath
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello,

I have created a simple app that has a few pages in it and nothing else. When I switch between the pages I get "Expected a valid shop query parameter" in the page body instead of the actual content. 

Any idea what maybe causing this?

Thanks,
Akhil

lucasharvey
1 0 1

I'm also experiencing this issue when switching between pages using the navigation bar.

akhilkamath
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, relieved to know that someone else is also facing the issue. Because it looks like there are not much resources online available on this. Please do let me know if you get any resolution or workaround Thanks!

0 Likes

Requests sent by Shopify will have a shop parameter attached. if the requests are not sent by Shopify, the parameter is not available. The docs do include this information. 

I think you should post the thread to API or another developer-related board. This board is not that related. 

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
akhilkamath
Tourist
5 0 3

I am getting this error as part of creating app using the shopify app cli and following this for adding navigation in embedded app https://shopify.dev/tutorials/create-a-navigation-link-with-app-extensions?locale=en

0 Likes