Getting low stock alert on specific items

9 0 0

Hi everyone,

I'm managing a fashion store with a high inventory level and a lot of different products. 

We have a specific list of items that are our bread and butter and that we need to have always in stock in every sizes at certain levels.

I'd like to know if there's an app that alerts me when my inventory is lower than what I always need it to be in that key product.

Keep in mind that we're speaking about t-shirts and clothes with different variants so I'd like something that can alert me when the small is running low as well and not just wait until the whole style is running low in stock. 

Something that just allows me to regroup those certain items could be helping me alot as well.

I've thought about tagging a lot of them with a specific tag and just look for that tag when I need to but I'd like a more efficient thing!

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 69

Hey, Carl!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team.

We have a few apps that will help notify you when items are low stock. Many of them are free, which is awesome! I know that Low Stock Alert in particular will definitely allow you to select specific variants (and stock levels) to base your notifications on. The app applies reminders to collections you create. The idea is that you'll create a collection for your best seller, and pull items into that collection by their variant name. Does that make sense?

If you're interested in testing out a few apps, I'd also suggest looking at Notify Me, Stock Alerts and StockBot (which also does stock forecasting).

Let me know if there's anything I can clarify, or if you have further questions!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
660 0 104

Hi Carl,

In addition to Savannah's answer, I also wanted to mention Better Reports.

I could help you set up a custom report that gets sent to your email every day and that shows all your variants that have a quantity below a certain threshold.

0 Likes
Tourist
78 0 2

Hi Carl,

It has been a long time since you asked for this report. But I will suggest some options using Data Export

We have created inventory related reports for many Merchants:

1) Report of all the stock that went zero yesterday. 

2) Report of inventory levels dropping below a pre-set threshold

3) Report of Inventory that was added to stock over a period. 

4) Many other customized inventory and stock reports.

If you have any questions you can contact me at john@dayspringlabs.com

Thanks!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted

None of the apps mentioned by the Shopify Staffer are free, at least not anymore. They start at $5/month, with most being $9/month. Just a heads up for anyone finding this old post on Google like I did. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes