Gift product

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm looking for an where we can offer our online shoppers the option to gift our product to a friend.

One that comes up a lot is Gift Ship but it also comes with a high $ monthly subscription which is hard to justify when this will just be an added bonus offering , not our core business.

Any hot tips or suggestions?

Thanks so much.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
94 7 16

Hi, @BBOLD!

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Thank you for posting this question, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Giving customers the option to 'gift' products to others is a great feature to offer, though I understand that this option needs to be cost effective if you don't expect to use it frequently. With this in mind, there are a few different ways that we can look into integrating this feature to your site. Check out the different methods below: 

1. Adding a gift wrap option to your cart page - If you're comfortable with coding and using a free theme developed by Shopify, then this coding tutorial is a great way to add a gifting option to your site. This will allow customers to purchase gift wrapping and include a gift message on the cart page before they complete their order. However, please keep in mind that this tutorial won't work for 'drawer' or 'pop-up' style carts, so make sure to select a 'page' cart in your Theme Editor to ensure this tutorial works. 
  2. Other apps - There are a few different apps in our App Store that offer gifting at a reduced cost. Some options for this are: Zestard Gift Wrap, Wrap It Smart, and Gift Checkout. These apps are all third party integrations, so if you need a hand with getting them set up, or if you have any questions about the billing for the apps, make sure to reach out to the app developers directly by following these steps

If you're interested in coding this feature into your Shopify-developed theme, but you aren't comfortable with coding, please let me know and this may be something that our Theme Team is able to help out with. However, if you're using a third party theme, I recommend reaching out to your theme developer for help with this, or contacting Shopify Experts for more information. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I would be glad to keep lending a hand. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
2 0 0
Cool! Thanks so much for your reply.
I will have a look into these options.
Quick question. Do these options have the ability for the customer to send the gift to their chosen persons address? For example if they buy a jar for themselves and have it sent to their home address but want to gift another jar to a friend and get it sent to another address ?
Many thanks
Monica
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
94 7 16

Hi, @BBOLD

Thanks for getting back to me with this question! 

After looking into the apps further, it doesn't appear that any of the apps I mentioned support shipping to multiple addresses. However, it's possible that this feature may be offered within the apps, so I recommend reaching out to the app's developers directly to find out if they support this functionality. In the meantime though, GiftShip that you previously mentioned, and Multiship do offer this option. 

However, a feature like this is quite unique, so if customers haven't requested this, I'm not sure if this option would be frequently used. Adding many apps can increase your monthly billing totals, so it's important to weigh up how often each feature would be used by customers, versus how much you will be charged for it on a monthly basis. 

If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes