Giving to non-profits

ImagineApps
2 0 1

Hi everyone,

Supporting the less fortunate than ourselves both in our local communities and further afield is something that is becoming more important in the world we live in today. That responsibility falls on us as individuals as well as us as businesses. 

Today, businesses are beginning to do more to contribute to non-profit organisations and charities. The up-side for the business extends beyond the sense good-feeling to building and incrementally improving the company's image. 

I intend of building a Shopify app that will allow store owners like yourselves to apportion a percentage of a sale to a worthy cause of your choice. The app would be completely free of charge forever. 

Youd have total control over the recipients of the funds, and could even allow your customer to choose between several worthy causes that you have configured in the admin section.

Payments would be calculated and sent automatically via PayPal, however there would be a fail-safe here so that any amounts over a certain amount (set by you) would require manual approval before being sent. 

So, those are the broad strokes of the idea. Given that the app would be completely free to you, would you be interested in using it? I'd love to hear any feedback or ideas you have around this. Most of all, I'd like to know what the level of interest for this idea is, so if you think it's something you'd use,  but don't have much time on your hands, please just leave a short message below. 

Thanks for taking the time to read!

David

Diana_S
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 30

Hey David!

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team.

Since you're looking for feedback on a potential future App, I've actually switched this thread over to the Shopify Apps section so that App developers, users, and enthusiasts can contribute to this discussion. You should get more responses this way!

I, for one, think it's an excellent idea for a free App. :)

Good luck!

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
SawCustomDesign
1 0 0

I love this idea.  This is exactly what I am looking for. 

0 Likes