What are the best beginner-friendly apps on Shopify?

dominique24
Visitor
3 0 1
I've just started and am looking for your suggestions about good apps for newbies. Thank you!
Replies 28 (28)

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4167 244 733

Hello @dominique24, I hope you are doing well! 

Here is a list of top useful apps:

Oberlo- Help to source a supplier.

AiTrillion- All-in-one Shopify app with all essential marketing features to scale your business. (For Email marketing automation, loyalty reward program, reviews, referral program, affiliate marketing, web push notifications, Livechat, Announcement Bar, Shopify POS & many more)

Form Builder- Create a form on your site.

Instagram Feed- To enhance social media presence and social media conversions

Trust Badge- For trust badges.

Bulk Image Edit- Image SEO- For Image optimization.

SMS BUMP - For SMS Marketing

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
sallyjohnson
Explorer
182 2 6

Hey there, I would like to recommend two apps and by using these two apps you don't have any need to buy any other app for different type of work, these provides a lot of features of multiple apps in at one place

1. Layoutbase landing page builder https://apps.shopify.com/layoutbase-pagebuilder

I suggest you to use a Good Shopify Page Builder Like Layoutbase page builder https://apps.shopify.com/layoutbase-pagebuilder) which can provide a lot of features 

Drag & Drop Editor
Add, delete and move elements of your website. Say no to coding and complicated back-end options.

Mobile Responsive Components
Building beautiful mobile responsive websites is easy with our beautifully pre-made components.

Drive Better Conversion
Drive website conversions with blazing fast loading time and fully customizable frontend components

and much more in Just 29$/mon. and it is really an affordable deal, and along with you have 14 days free trial. I would like to suggest you Try layoutbase. Thanks

which can make your work easy and handy and alongwith provides you alot of features that you can get in premium themes and also it is easy to use beacuse it is a drag & drop landing page builder and you don't have any coding knowledge to create attractive looking landing pages.

Thanks

2. Vitals app

What’s included in the suite?

Import & Collect Product Reviews

• Import unlimited product reviews from AliExpress, Loox, Stamped or Yotpo
  • Request photo reviews via email after order delivery
  • Display product reviews widget on home, product, and collection pages

Create Upsell & Cross-sell Campaigns

• Upsell & cross-sell products to customers during checkout
  • Use product bundle builder to clear slow-moving stock
  • Provide volume discount & quantity breaks with tiered pricing
  • Show Buy One Get One (BOGO) / Buy X Get Y offers
  • Take pre-orders for out-of-stock products

Convert More Visitors into Customers

• Use Sticky Add to Cart buttons to increase conversions
  • Create FOMO with Stock Scarcity and Countdown Timer
  • Add a Cart Reserved Timer & nudge visitors to checkout faster
  • Show Recently Viewed and Related Products like Amazon's "Frequently bought together"
  • Skip heatmaps and watch live visitor sessions

Provide Live Customer Support Chat

• Use Facebook Messenger to provide live customer support
  • Help customers reach you via WhatsApp, Instagram, SMS, etc

Sell Globally with Multi Currency Converter & Geo-redirection

• Auto-convert prices to 160+ local currencies
  • Redirect visitors to the local version of your store based on geolocation

Grow your Email List with Pop Ups, Announcement Bars & Spin the Wheel

• Collect Emails from store visitors and convert them to customers
  • Use Popups, Announcement Bars, or Spin the Wheel to collect Emails for coupons

Install Facebook Pixels & Shoppable Instagram Gallery

• Install multiple Facebook Pixels without a developer
  • Tag products on your Instagram feed and show them in your store

Build Trust with Social Proof

• Use Recent Sales Notifications to show popups of recent sales
  • Show Trust Badges & Seals: 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, Free Shipping

Reduce Abandoned Carts

• Skip the cart, get customers to checkout faster with Accelerated Checkouts
  • Show cart item count in the favicon
  • Show inactive tab messages like “Psst! You forgot your hoodie!”

Improve SEO

• Improve SEO by auto-adding ALT tags to your images
  • Use Product Description Tabs to write keyword-rich content

Vitals works with all Shopify themes - Debutify, Brooklyn, Minimal, Shoptimized, Themeforest etc.

Sally Johnson - Layoutbase.com Ambassador

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 32

Hi,
To get started as a beginner in Shopify there are several categories of apps, based on the app features that help to build a store.
Here are few app listings,

To handle store design

PageFly Advanced Page Builder 
 Photo Resize

To Automate Shopify Shipping and Tracking

Multiple carrier shipping label app
 Shipment Tracking and Notify

To Boost Sales and Conversion

Referral candy 
 Yotpo

For Marketing Automation

Smile
 Omnisend Email Marketing

T
o Handle Security and Trust
 Trusted site
 Rewind Backups

To Provide Best Customer Experience

Weglot Translate
 Octane AI for Messenger and SMS

And addition to the above-named apps Shopify Dropshipping apps are also listed,

DSers- Aliexpress dropshipping  

CJ Dropshipping 
Spocket- US and EU Dropshipping 
Print- Print on Demand 
Oberlo- Dropshipping App

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

ConnectPOS
Shopify Partner
119 1 12

Hello @dominique24,

If you're planning to create an omnichannel business, ConnectPOS is the best POS system you can find in the market right now! Some amazing features of ConnectPOS are:

• 100% real-time synchronization between the POS system and your offline stores. We auto-update orders, customers, products and inventory data
  • Support various payment gateways
  • Compatible with both PC and mobile devices (iOS and Android)
  • Design personalized receipts
  • Manage multiple locations within one platform
  • Simplify inventory management with stock-taking feature

There are endless potentials with ConnectPOS, you can take a look at the app here!

We hope for nothing but the growth of your business!

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.

xavier-redcod
Shopify Partner
33 1 2

Hi @dominique24 !

We just released an app for discount & quantity breaks management.

It's currently free and very easy to use for beginners, you can install it in one click and create discount offers in minutes.

You can see it on the app store :

https://apps.shopify.com/discountduck

Have a nice day !

Team_Spocket
Shopify Partner
47 3 14

Hi dominique24!

John here from Spocket support. You should definitely try us out if you are new to this business. We can provide you most of the basic features and products you need and more!

Plus, anytime you need help or have any questions, our customer support is here for you 24/7!

You can sign up here for a free trial and experience our excellent service. We look forward to having you with us!

- Team Spocket

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

@dominique24

I think it is wise to consider the problems you are having as a store owner and then looking for apps that solve that problem rather than just peruse apps that are "good for beginners"-- I recommend carefully considering "do I really need this?" before installing any Shopify app. Even if the app is free, many times it can alter your theme code in ways that are very hard to reverse.

That said, you should consider the "Launching your shop" collection on the Shopify App Store, which is curated by Shopify staff/gurus.

Michael, COO @ Helium
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (346 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (265 reviews)

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 93

Hi @dominique24 

Save your time and go for a single app that offers everything you need. 

https://apps.shopify.com/vitals

► If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like

► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fixing bugs?

► Let's connect: Mail me Or Skype me: live:.cid.2667d78144ce77ad

Wiesen_Phan
Shopify Partner
63 6 14

Hi there! 

You can try these apps: 

1. GemPages: to build and set up you store at first. 

2. Ali Hunter: to import and manage products.

3. Ali Reviews : to collect reviews from various sources, build trust and grow sales. 

4. Transcy: in case you want to expand your business globally, this app provides solution on language translation and currency converter that assist you with international selling purposes. 

5. Klaviyo: to organize email marketing campaign

Hope this list could help! 

FireApps - Premium e-commerce solutions come together for your growth

Kalista
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Dominique,

Congratulations on your new store! You might want to check out Marsello, we're the all-in-one marketing platform for Shopify. Our app includes an awesome loyalty program that works online and in-store and a bunch of other marketing automation features such as SMS and email designed to drive sales. 

If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch by emailing support@marsello.com or check out our app.

Cheers,

Kalista

Kalista
Senior Campaigns Manager, Marsello

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4164 935 1586

Hi @dominique24 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert of a Free Landing Page Builder for more than 97.000 Shopify merchants, Welcome to Shopify Community!

For a newbie, you can try:

1. PageFly Page Builder app: PageFly - #1 Page Builder on Shopify is the BEST solution for your business, whatever niches you’re hustling: Technology, Fashion, Art, Book, Electronics, Health and Beauty, Service and more, without no coding and improve your store's conversion rate. PageFly provides on top of our 24/7 world-class support team.

2. Review apps: You can try some of the great review apps: Loox, Yotpo, Judge.me, Ali Reviews, etc. All of them integrate with PageFly, you can not only build a high-converting store but also use reviews on your store. 

3. Email form: PageFly also integrates with MailChimp and Klaviyo apps, they are helpful apps for your store to have email marketing campaigns.

Don't worry, with PageFly, you can build your store perfectly and professionally, let give it a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. Like my answer, if you find it helpful.

Richard - PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 28

Hello and welcome to Shopify!

Some apps that you can check out now or as you go are:

HelpCenter App
HelpCenter offers three features that you can use to boost your customer support. First, you can easily create and manage an informative FAQ page that looks slick - you have collapsible sections, search options and much more. Secondly, you can set up a Helpdesk Ticketing System to manage all your incoming inquiries regardless of the channel they come from - email, Facebook Messenger, and a live chat can all be synced. And last, an integratable Live Chat to provide real-time support for your customers.

Trackr. An order tracking app that you can add right on your store where your customers can find information on their shipment. Trackr works with more than 900 carriers so you can be reassured that the necessary information is always available. To boost customer experience even further, there’s also an option to opt-in to receive email notifications about order status updates.

VertexSMS. An SMS marketing app to strengthen relationships with customers. SMS is permission-based, meaning you will be targeting people who have already said they wish to hear from you.

Hope you’ll find something from this list that can help you get started!

Helpcenterapp

UnanimousTech
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, I hope you are Good and Safe from this covid pandemic,
If I talk about good app ideas , there are alot of things changing day by day, you can develop any kind of apps , main thing is how you present your app to this world. Main thing is Marketing of your product, just focus on the Marketing of your product. 
Regards. 

You can check more here :- Choose The Best Mobile App And Website Development Company

Koala-Apps
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey @dominique24

Here are the best apps we know Shopify Merchants use:

LooxProduct Reviews & Photos

ReConvert - Upsell & Cross-Sell

PageFly - Landing Page Builder

You can always try for free the Koala Inspector to find new apps trends

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
743 69 266

Hello @dominique24,

Hope you are doing good!

If you have any Unique, Handmade and Vintage products in your Store, Etsy is the best marketplace.  If you are planning to sell or already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. 

Thanks,
Waytoapps

IanSum
Tourist
3 0 1

wow, that's an impressive list of apps you've gathered here. some of them will definitely come in handy. thanks!

Incubate
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi There,

Congratulations & welcome on board!!

We have different free apps here at Incubate for you to install, few are with launching offer (free to install) at the moment & also the majority of them have 30-day free trial. Just check it out at:

www.incubate.dev

http://apps.shopify.com/partners/incubatedev

Cheers,

Incubate Team

Cartbear
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi, 

Do you have specific things in mind that you want to accomplish?

It’s hard to suggest apps if you have no specific problem in mind.

To browse around I use the app marketplace to find featured and trending apps. 

MRG @ Cartbear
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

FastBundleApp
Excursionist
45 1 4

The most important thing for Newbies are two factors: 

1. a simple application and a very simple design,

2. A good support in the case of incompatibility

To boost sales and promotions, "Product Bundling" is one of the simplest and most used strategies.

By the way, don't worry about our support. We are new here and every shop matters. So we'll do our best.

Thank you

Fast Bundle Support

paulnguyen
Shopify Partner
45 0 3

The best support team for sure. If you need
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/omegaapps

akvora
Visitor
1 0 0

Two more apps that can help you boost sales are...

1. https://apps.shopify.com/happy-hours - will help you run flash sales. running flash sales over the weekend yield very good sales.
  2. https://apps.shopify.com/happy-chat - will add a WhatsApp Chat button to your store and will be visible only during your working hours. This one is completely free and must have.
-
Ashit Vora
Co-founder - UpRaft.co

Check out our Shopify apps
Happy Hours - https://apps.shopify.com/happy-hours
Happy Chat - https://apps.shopify.com/happy-chat

johnnyexpert
Tourist
23 0 0

This app might sound strange to you, but I can ensure that it's more perfect and more advanced than any other famous apps. Trust me as I have been using it for a long time. Its name is Ultrasell

Kaustubh99
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

Hi everyone,

I own multiple stores on Shopify and below is the list of apps I commonly use on my Shopify stores.

Basic security for a Shopify store is a must, I am using the below-mentioned apps for increasing my store’s security:

1. Single Sign On ‑ SSO Login: It enables secure access for users needing only one set of login credentials, it will enable easy one-click access to all connected applications and websites. Multiple Identity providers and multi-site environments are supported for the authentication process.

2. TrustedSite ‑ Trust Badges: Earn secure site certificates and display them on your Shopify site. This ensures trust among users accessing your site.

3. Rewind Backups: Easily backup your Shopify store. This app will help you undo, restore and backup your Shopify store. You can make any changes to the store and revert back to the previous backup using this app. It will take daily backups automatically.

Some apps you will need for better productivity for your Shopify store:

1. scim‑provisioning‑deprovision: We are using this app to synchronise our customer’s data over our multiple stores, it helps to automatically synchronise data between all our stores and applications, it has reduced a lot of manual work.

2. Bulk Image Edit: This app will help to optimize images uploaded on the Shopify store with SEO and alt text details. Also, it will help to convert images concerning social media platform guidelines. 

3. 2FA ‑ OTP login: Two-factor Authentication increases the level of your store’s security by adding an additional layer above basic authentication and keeps your store away from spammers and non-genuine users. Users don’t need to remember passwords and can log in using OTPs received on their phone/email.

4. Klaviyo: This app will help you grow your business with email & SMS marketing automation. They have built-in templates, sign-up forms which will save a lot of time. 

5. Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos: Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings. It will help you to capture customer’s feedback which will help to build a better product for your customers.

6. Smart Search & Filter: Instant Search Bar, Collection Filter, Cross & Upsell. It supports auto-completion of search text and auto-correction as well for search texts. 

7. Mailchimp Forms: Grow your Mailchimp list with exit-intent popups and coupons. Decreases your bounce rate by providing exit pop-ups and make your site more engageable for your customers. 

8. Recomatic Related Products: Show smart related product recommendations that increase sales. It will recommend products related to customer’s requirements which will increase your product sales.

Aheadworks_team
Shopify Partner
67 1 5

Hello, I recommend exploring the following apps:

1. Buildify: This app helps you create and customize your online store without the need for coding knowledge. It offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, making it easy to design your website exactly the way you want it.

2. SEOmatic: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is crucial for your online presence. SEOmatic helps optimize your store's content and meta information, enhancing your visibility in search engines and potentially attracting more organic traffic.

3. LangShop: If you plan to cater to an international audience, LangShop is a valuable app. It simplifies the process of translating and localizing your store, making it accessible to customers from different regions and languages.

These apps can be valuable assets in growing your online business efficiently, especially as you are just starting out. Remember to explore their features and tutorials to make the most of their capabilities. Good luck with your online venture!

banned

Delloop
Shopify Partner
29 0 0

@dominique24 

So far, as you see there are many very good APPS that you could be using in your new site. They all provide excellent results.

I may be biased but I believe if you integrate the APP Delloop,  into your store from day one you will also find that you ----

• Increase Customer Conversion
  • Increase Customer Retention
  • Boost Repeat Sales
  • Build Brand Affinity

The APP is free to install and trial. If you go ahead and use the platform  I'd be happy to guide you through when you feel you're ready to do so.

Kindest regards,
Delloop Team

Delloop solves issues central to eCommerce - lack of repeat sales, costly customer acquisition, low customer retention, friction during pre and post-sales, spiralling service costs and low levels of customer loyalty - all through smarter and more relevant Retailer-Customer Engagement.

SharkbyteTeam
30 0 0

Hello, I recommend exploring the following apps:

1. Trackr: Trackr is a Shopify Order Tracking App that streamlines your shipment monitoring and customer updates. 

2. HelpCenter: Customer support is crucial for a successful online store. HelpCenter offers a comprehensive solution for managing FAQs, inquiries, and a chatbot feature to enhance customer engagement and satisfaction.

These apps can be beneficial in managing your online store efficiently and providing excellent customer support as you start your online business journey.

If you find it useful, please indicate by liking or marking it as a solution! Looking for powerful Shopify apps to optimize your online store? Try Trackr for easy order tracking and fulfillment management and HelpCenter for a comprehensive knowledge base and customer support solution. These apps will help you streamline your store operations and provide excellent customer service.

ChatBreezes
41 0 0

Congratulations and welcome on board!

I want to recommend a social selling app called  Chat Breezes - Market, sell & support better for social channels in an omnichannel platform. It unifies social conversations, better enable your marketing, sales or customer service conversations with your customers faster, sell via personalized messaging, and delivers excellent customer service

Chat Breezes - Market, sell & support better for social channels in an omnichannel platform
www.chatbreezes.com

SEOKart
Trailblazer
168 4 23

Hello Dominique24,

Thanks for reaching out!

Well, if you’re a newbie, then SEOKart is all that you need to optimize your online store for the search engine. 

SEOKart is an all-in-one SEO app with some amazing features, let me list them for you:

• SEO Audit: Using this feature, you can carry out an in-depth audit of the website based on 15 SEO factors, which helps in identifying the SEO-related issues that are categorized under Meta Tags, Images, Content, Broken Links, and URLs. On the basis of the issues, every page of the website is awarded an SEO score, which can be optimized by considering the AI-generated suggestions, and help improve the overall SEO score of the website and its ranking on the search engine results page (SERP). 
  • Image Optimizer: As the name suggests, this feature helps in optimizing the images on the website. You can compress the file size of the image, change its file format (JPEG or PNG), and add keywords to the file name and alt text of the images using this feature.
  • Bulk Optimizer: This feature enables the user to customize a template for different kinds of pages on the website with the help of diverse labels, like product name, description, URL, etc. Thereafter, by enabling the feature, you can optimize all the pages on the website in bulk. 
  • Cruise Control: By enabling the cruise control option, you can automate the optimization process for new meta tags and pages. This feature automatically optimizes the newly added pages on the website on the basis of the customized template. Bulk optimizer and cruise control run in the backend and do not interfere with the front-end activities of the website.
  • Rich Snippet: Rich Snippet lets the website take up more pixels on SERP by providing additional informative information to the users, which helps the website stand out on the results page. Using this feature, you can add a Product Markup Snippet, FAQs Snippet, and Home Page Snippet.
  • Rank Tracker: With the help of this feature, you can check and track the rank of the website on different keywords, based on 4 variables, namely language, country, search engine, and device. You also get the AI-generated keyword suggestions that best suit the nature of your website. You can also add your three key competitors and compare the ranking of your website with theirs on different keywords.
  • Google Analytics: There is an integration of Google Analytics 4 (GA4) in the app. The app pulls up the data, like revenues, traffic, orders, and conversions from different channels, from GA4 and presents it visually in the form of graphs, charts, and diagrams, which makes it easy for the users to draw comparisons effectively.
  • URL Editor: This feature lets you optimize the URL structure by adding a keyword to it, which somehow increases the keyword density on the website and improves its chances of ranking better on SERP. Additionally, you can reduce the length of the URL to make it easy for the users to share it. After editing the URL, you can implement 301 Redirects to the new URL, which helps you transfer the value of the old URL to the new one.
  • 404 Fixer: With the help of this feature, you can assess the website to identify all the broken links and fix them by redirecting the traffic to the right location. Again, the redirects are 301 Redirects.
  • Page Speed: This feature helps you to track and compare the page speed of your website, different pages of the website, and categories on desktop and mobile devices. You can pull up the historical data and compare the improvement in the page speed of the website on both devices after the integration of SEOKart. The app also offers an add-on service - Page Speed Optimization, which costs $149, but every month certain eligible stores are offered this service for free.

Happy trading!

Hope this app helps you grow!

Leesha 

SEOKart

https://apps.shopify.com/seokart