Good inventory app for dynamic inventory tracking?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to build this store that sells custom cut LED strips. Since a custom cut LED strip could be anywhere between .025 to 16 meters long with other variant options, there are gonna be like 3000+ items in my inventory (they'll be added with an automatically generated .csv file).

So obviously I can't keep track of the quantity of each LED strip by hand, not to mention that wouldn't be reflective of the actual process of stocking them. In reality, we're going to keep a number of 16 meter long strips which we cut down to order.

How I plan to translate this to Shopify is by keeping track of the total length in meters of LED strip that we have available. For each order, length multiplied by quantity will be subtracted from the total length in stock.

So:

-I need somewhere to keep my total length of LED strip in stock

-I need to be able to calculate the total length sold per product 

-Which means I need access to either the product title or the product handle (this is what contains the length) and the quantity sold

-I need the total length to update automatically whenever a product is sold

-And I need to be able to add to total length whenever we get more 16 meter strips

Are there any apps that either allow this sort of functionality? Or any way I can just program this by hand??? I've never dealt with a Shopify inventory system before so I honestly have no idea where to start.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

">”>’>

0 Likes