I'm just wondering if any of you had a similar issue to mine and found a solution? Shopify won't sync the products to the Merchant Center. In Google Channel overview, it says - "Your shop meets Google Merchant Center's basic requirements". However, on a product page, it says - "Google has noticed that your shop does not meet Google's requirements."
The shop didn't meet the requirements it first, which was later resolved, so I guess that the message got stuck somehow and Shopify won't sync the products because of that...
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to the solution
Check what is going on in Google Merchant Center > Products > Diagnostics
Do you see products listed?
Also check there are no warnings or errors on the dashboard.
I recommend either to contact Shopify support for help or use a different data feed management tool.
Google Shopping has very strict policies and it seems that the app you are using is not explaining what it is.
Below a great checklist for beginners.
Thanks for your input Emmanuel.
I have checked all the above boxes with no luck so I have contacted Shopify support. Let's see where this takes us!
I would prefer to use the free Shopify app though. I've used the paid app by Simprosys in the past which has been good, but I was wondering if you have used any other free integration apps?
All my clients use paid solution as it offers more options to improve sales. The costs associated to paid data feed solution generates a lot of profit. Especially my tool now, due to the world health crisis, I have lowered it dramatically to help merchants and smaller businesses. I have some clients using other solutions, but the majority tend to migrate to my solution.
But I help all merchants, regardless of what they use.
I also tried re-linking the Merchant Center account, but that didn't fix the issue. I use the same app for other stores with no problems though...
I have contacted Shopify support, so hopefully, they can shed some light on what's going on. I'll post here when I have any news. In the meantime, maybe someone else has more insight.
Shopify support got back to me and solved the issue.
Then trigger a sync.
In my particular case, that's why the sync wasn't going through, though it may be different for everyone!
I was wondering if you have resolved your issue. You appear to not be the only one. Was just online with a google technical support and we deleted, reinstalled multiple times. She even validated that everything on the store met the requirements through screen-share. Decided to go this route, because Shopify doesn't talk to any of its customers regarding API plugs...supposedly we are on our own on this. Have the chat transcripts to prove this. To Shopify's credit they didn't see why this was happening. What we did finally end up escalating this issue with the API PlugIn team creators at Google who are supposed to be contacting Shopify's Plugin Team (hey guys talk to them, this needs to be fixed).
So hopefully if you haven't been able to fix this issue for you, maybe there is a fix on its way.