Google Shopping App - Products Not Getting Impressions

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi. I have activated the Google Shopping App feed. However, my products are getting no impressions.

My products are showing as 'Ready to serve'. And when I hover over the product it says:

This product is ready to serve
If the product is ready to serve but not receiving impressions, there could be a few reasons:
- Low bids or budget - Restrictive targeting - Low user demand

I have increased my bids, and it is a very widely used product. I have not changed any of the automated settings - so I don't see where I'm going wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 47 97

Hey there, @JimmyG73 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that your Google Shopping Ads haven't gotten off to the start you were hoping for. I have compiled some relevant resources and tips below on how you can potentially fix the lack of impressions you are receiving on your ads.

• Do you meet the Google Shopping requirements? You can find out more about the requirements of the Google Shopping app here to ensure you are properly configured.

• The Google Ads support team can be reached here in order to get assistance with their platform.

• Use Google's Ad Diagnostic tool here to help confirm that your ad is running without affecting your impressions (which will lower your click-through rate). You can also hover over the speech bubble in the "Status" column of the Ads tab, next to your ad to see more information about its status. If your ad isn't showing, the tool will tell you why and will offer tips to help get your ads up and running.

• If you have a ROAS target set, it may be restricting your volume. Try removing or lowering it.

• In addition to the above tip, a low budget can also be restricting your reach. Try increasing this to at least ~$20. I'm not sure what industry you are in but some markets that are big-ticket items have very high bids that can be over $100. 

Side note: Testing these ads over a two-week span is VERY IMPORTANT. The algorithm is in “Learning” for that first time period- sometimes it can take more time, sometimes it can take less. The ads are built based on impressions, so when you get a ton of impressions, it can take less than two weeks for them to begin gaining traction.

If you like, feel free to post any screenshots of your existing campaign stats and I'd be happy to take a deeper look. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Dirk - I increased my daily limit to £20 - I have got just 1 impression so far. Is it possible to change the bid strategy?

0 Likes