Grant access to embedded paid app to only one store

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

I am developing a shopify app for a client and our agreement states that I own the shopify app at the end of the development, but I do have to grant them access to it for free. I plan to make the app a paid/subscription based one, so how would this work? Will they have to pay each month to shopify and I should just give them their money back afterwards? or is there a better way of achieving this. Ideas are welcome :) 

edit: also, apologies if this issue has already been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything about it

Thank youu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
113 24 28

Hi calindev,

I'm assuming your app has some sort of permission logic where based on the subscription level you enable/disable some functionality.

If that's the case then all you need is exclude your client from these rules, either via configuration or in your database, depending on how your app was built.

By doing that your client won't need to subscribe via Shopify.

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
- Manage your new arrivals with Newr
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
349 25 52

Hello Calindev,

If you move your post to the technical section I could answer you there. 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/bd-p/technical-qa

Regards,

Sam

Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm afraid I'm not able to find the option to move a forum post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
349 25 52

Just create a new one there.

Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
0 Likes