HELP! Customer not receiving digital downloads on specific digital products

Solved
cds156
2 1 0

Hi,

I just switched my store to Shopify from Squarespace via Store Importer (I'll circle back to that fact in a moment) and I sell only digital products. I use SendOwl to package the digital products since each individual product has multiple PDF files. I have those SendOwl bundles linked to my Shopify products. I have 9 total products in my store like this.

When a customer places an order, they receive an email from Shopify and another from SendOwl with links to download purchases. There are also button links on the order status page to download each product (I think these are shopify buttons) AND there is also a SendOwl link to view all the downloads on a person's order on the order status page (but that link is not as conspicuous).

Okay! So my issue is that I have two products in particular that are not being linked via Shopify buttons/links. So the customer can see that they have purchased these two products, but are not able to actually click a download button/link for them. SendOwl is sending them, but Shopify is not. So technically the customer receives the download links via SendOwl but if they click the Shopify links (which are way more prominent) they can't download them. The links are also not available on the Shopify customer account page for these products.

I have racked my brain trying to figure out what it is about these two products that is making them behave this way, and they appear to be set up EXACTLY the same as every other product in both SendOwl and Shopify. The ONLY difference is that these are the only two products that I DID NOT import via the Store Importer app...I added them manually. Other products are sending just fine.

I *think* this is a shopify problem, as sendowl appears to be working as expected. Can anybody help?? Is there a reason a digital product would not send a download link to the customer in Shopify?

I'm at my wit's end! Please send help...

0 Likes
cds156
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Ok after typing that out (and DAYS of stressing over this) I figured it out. Of course! lol

I'll go ahead and answer my own question in case anyone else runs into this...

I had downloads attached to all of the products in BOTH Shopify Digital Downloads and SendOwl...except the two problematic ones did not have the Shopify downloads attached. I realized that it is not necessary to have them linked both places, but I have added download links for them all now in Shopify. The SendOwl links are the ones that are showing up in the customer accounts page, too, so that is good. I'll probably remove the downloads from the Shopify area so that the SendOwl links are the only ones being sent and to avoid any confusion (plus SendOwl offers PDF stamping). 

So in case anyone else does what I have done...this is how I fixed it. Thanks for looking over my shoulder while I figured out the problem immediately after asking for help!

0 Likes