Help! Need an online Delivery Driver Gratuity/Tip payment solution

Michelle_Griffi
1 0 0

My business is providing prepackaged meals delivered locally.  Orders and payments are all online.  I need to find a way for customers to pay for a delivery driver tip with their online order (USA based company).  There used to be an app that I was planning on using when ready but it's now not available.  It was Tipslite.  This is holding up the opening of my business. 

I would prefer a solution where there is a field in the checkout page that allows them the abiltiy to enter an amount (or percentage) for the tip.  But after my research I'm not finding anything.  I am open to all suggestions at this point.  I'm looking for the most cost effective and fast way to impliment this.  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi there Michelle!

Don here from Shopify. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post here and to outline your requirements so clearly.

I had a look for any apps that might handle adding a tip or gratuity to orders made online in your store and the only result I have been able to find is Autoadd by Brickspace Lab.

As with any third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the app developers using the contact info listed there with any support questions you might have.

An alternative might be to use an up-selling app to create a 'tip product' that your customers could choose to add to their order if they wish to add a gratuity for their driver.

This would allow them to select to add a product valued at, say, $1, $2, $5 or whatever increments you would like to create.

As with the above app, you would need to talk to the developers themselves to confirm exactly how this might work for their apps.

I think the fastest way to get this put in place would probably be to use the Autoadd app; though one of the others might prove to be more cost-effective over time, so I would do some research if I were you to find the best solution for your business needs.

We're also available 24/7 via our support site any time you have Shopify-related questions. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1188 104 288

@Michelle_Griffi did you ever end up making a solution for this?

If not, my team and I built an app called Tip Jar: apps.shopify.com/tip-jar-app. It lets you add a tip feature to your site with customizable design and tip options. It's pretty fun to use :)

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
RoundtripLabs
Shopify Partner
35 0 1

Hi @Michelle_Griffi,

My team and I recently created TipGenius, a simple tipping pop-up app for your Shopify store checkout and we are the Staff Pick this week!

With TipGenius, when a customer clicks your checkout button, a pop-up window gently asks if they would like to add a tip.

The call-to-action and tip amounts are customizable. If your customer has already added a tip they will not be prompted again.

With TipGenius, your customers can...

• Tip delivery staff
  • Thank the folks behind the scenes
  • Help with Covid-19
  • Show you they care

Check it out at https://apps.shopify.com/tipgenius

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1188 104 288

Your preferred solution is now live. 🤘

Shopify online checkout tips - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/tips.

Here's what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.35.34 PM.jpg

To set it up, go to Settings Checkout and configure your tip options.

Woot woot get mo' tips!

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
getpop-pkbanks
2 0 0

How do we add this feature to our Shopify Plus store?  We'd love to apply it based on the zip code of the delivery address, so that it's applied just to areas that are serviced by our delivery drivers, and not to orders sent via UPS.

0 Likes