Here's why Mailchimp is no longer in the Shopify App Store

Excursionist
24 0 10

Agreed. Looked at some GDPR banner apps to comply with EU legislation. These nice people are making their apps available free. Have loads of lovely reviews too:-) I just wondered why they needed access to all my previous customer details when I read the fine print.

2 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 16

Instructions for the FREE workaround to continue synching shopify with mailchimp using ShopSynch:

https://mailchimp.com/help/shopify-workarounds/

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hey all. Ben from Privy here. Many of our merchants have been reaching out to us about how the breakup impacts them if they use Privy and mailchimp. Here’s the scoop:

1. Privy’s integrations with both Shopify and Mailchimp will continue to function as normal. You can sync all new signups captured through your Privy displays over to Mailchimp. And you can replace a Shopify Sign Up form with one from Privy to continue syncing correctly. There are also no changes to our Shopify integration.

2. Any of your Shopify customers who have opted in for emails are automatically imported into Privy, and available for use within Privy’s Automate email plan. 

To get Shopify customers into Mailchimp itself, you will need to export from Shopify and manually import into Mailchimp via csv.

3. We expect that Mailchimp will no longer be able to send abandoned checkout emails for Shopify. We recommend using Privy for abandoned cart emails, newsletters and more. Click here to learn more or book a demo
1 Like
Shopify Partner
2 0 5
Just watching the back and forth on who’s got the bigger stick and who’s the best app to pick up the lost business. Popcorn anyone?
4 Likes
Tourist
6 0 8
Ditto. I'm a little irritated by this change...
1 Like
Shopify Partner
1 0 1
APIANT.com will publish a new Integration template for Shopify <> Mailchimp which will handle unsubscribes, bounces etc being updated back in Shopify shortly to help affected merchants. Stay tuned...
1 Like
1 0 0

You’re rightly fretting right now if your complete workflow depends heavily on Mailchimp and its integrations.

Instead of getting caught up with switching your email marketing to a new platform, MailMunch offers the perfect integration solution with Mailchimp. Use Mailchimp Forms by MailMunch to re-integrate your existing Mailchimp account and subscriber lists with your Shopify store. MailMunch is an official integration partner with Mailchimp, and fully supports the use of tags and multiple lists.

Hundreds of thousands of users use MailMunch to integrate Mailchimp with Shopify and have successfully synced millions of subscribers across the platforms.

MailMunch also complies fully with Shopfiy’s revised policies, ensuring that this will be a future-proof solution.

https://apps.shopify.com/mailchimp-forms

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Walter,
I'm from Marsello. We have an app to sync Shopify eCommerce and POS customer data to Mailchimp. And if you decide later to change ESP, we have email automation and will soon have one-off campaigns. We wrote about our different options for Mailchimp users here.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Here's a couple of options on syncing to Mailchimp or looking for an alternative https://www.marsello.com/blog/mailchimp-for-shopify-is-no-more

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Walter, Check out Seguno - I am moving there after alot of research over the past 2 days.  I need to keep it simple and want integration, not logging into a zillion places and to have integration of product & blogs with Shopify - all the boxes are checked.

1 Like