Hotjar not available in development stores?

mariusslo
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi all,

We were trying to install hotjar on our development site and it kept asking to change the pricing plan, once clicked it redirected us to the account settings page. Does this mean that hotjar is not available for development stores, has anyone encountered this? How can we test out the app, we are really keen on optimizing the store, so analysis is very important now. Perhaps someone can offer alternatives to other apps and share their experience?

Thank you

Replies 3 (3)

shansalam
Shopify Partner
54 4 11

Hi @mariusslo you will not be able to install apps unless you take a paid account. But there may be another way around. You can register on hotjar website directly and paste the hotjar tracking code on the head directly. This should make it working in your case.

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
You can also contact me on shansalam@gmail.com for any queries
mariusslo
Tourist
10 0 2

I don't think that is entirely true? I was able to install Excelify(Free plan), Lucky Orange(Free to install. Additional charges may apply.) , CrazyEgg (14days trial) without changing the pricing plan but now I think it depends on the app and the people supporting them.

Renars
Shopify Partner
284 31 332

Hi @mariusslo 

Indeed you should be able to install an app if it offers a free version. It is possible that this app requires you to approve app charges as soon as you install it, in that case, you would need to have an active Shopify subscription plan, as in development stores you are not able to approve recurring app charges.

But this is just a guess, I would strongly suggest contacting app developers directly for this app as they might have some internal mechanism to support development stores.

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app