How can I add the digital download link to customer account?

MattC
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

How can I add the digital download link to my customers account so he can achieve the purchased download afterwards? I’m using the Digital Downloads -app. Any help would be highly appreciated!

0 Likes
Freddie
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 41

Hi there,

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help!

With the Digital Downloads app, on the "thank you for your order" page after they have completed paying for their order, there is a section where they can download their items. Here's a screenshot example for you of what the customer will see:

They will also automatically receive an email after their purchase that contains a link for downloading the product. This process is already built in to the app and there is no extra set up necessary!

I hope this information helps, but let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MattC
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Hi Freddie,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, I already know the way it works and I'd like to make it more convenient for customers. The current workflow isn't good to build anything real digital business on top of it.

How am I able to add that download link to customer area so my customers can achieve their purchased items and don't have to always email to me to send them new links? 

I know this isn't in the app in itself, but can this still be developed with a few lines of code?

RTWG
3 0 0

MattC — ever find a solution?

0 Likes
PresetLion
13 0 0

Find something?

0 Likes