How can I install the carrier calculated feature?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I would like to know how to ensure my cart shows all shipping costs upfront to the customer.

I have set up the Canada Post rates in the shipping section - But they do not appear when I test my check out.

How can I achieve this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 34 66

Hey, @LKP12!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I would be happy to take a look at the shipping settings with you to ensure that your customers can see Canada Post rates at checkout. To clarify, do you have your own account with negotiated rates for Canada Post, or are you looking to integrate Shopify Shipping rates?

If you need to integrate your own Canada Post account to display your negotiated rates to customers, that requires the carrier calculated shipping feature (included in the Shopify Advanced plan, annual, biennial, and triennial billing options, or available to add for $20/month on any monthly plan). I can send you an email to get that set up on your account if you have your own Canada Post rates.

If you don't have your own Canada Post account, you don't need the carrier calculated shipping feature and can instead use Shopify Shipping, which allows you to display Shopify's discounted rates with Canada Post. It sounds like you may have already set this up but still aren't seeing the rates at checkout despite the shipping settings. In that case, can you please tell me a bit more about the rates you set? If you're able to provide a screenshot of the shipping settings here, that will help me determine what's blocking the rates from appearing at checkout.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Sophia wrote:

Hey, @LKP12!

I would be happy to take a look at the shipping settings with you to ensure that your customers can see Canada Post rates at checkout. To clarify, do you have your own account with negotiated rates for Canada Post, or are you looking to integrate Shopify Shipping rates?

If you need to integrate your own Canada Post account to display your negotiated rates to customers, that requires the carrier calculated shipping feature (included in the Shopify Advanced plan, annual, biennial, and triennial billing options, or available to add for $20/month on any monthly plan). I can send you an email to get that set up on your account if you have your own Canada Post rates.

If you don't have your own Canada Post account, you don't need the carrier calculated shipping feature and can instead use Shopify Shipping, which allows you to display Shopify's discounted rates with Canada Post. It sounds like you may have already set this up but still aren't seeing the rates at checkout despite the shipping settings. In that case, can you please tell me a bit more about the rates you set? If you're able to provide a screenshot of the shipping settings here, that will help me determine what's blocking the rates from appearing at checkout.

@Sophia wrote:

Hey, @LKP12!

I just signed up Shopify Basic Annual plan, however I am still on my trial plan which is why I am not billed with the subscription fee yet. Do I still get access to the carrier calculated shipping feature? If not how to access to this feature?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 34 66

@uniontradifood wrote:

I just signed up Shopify Basic Annual plan, however I am still on my trial plan which is why I am not billed with the subscription fee yet. Do I still get access to the carrier calculated shipping feature? If not how to access to this feature?

Hi, @uniontradifood.

Welcome to the Shopify Community! The carrier calculated shipping feature isn't automatically enabled, but I should be able to add it for you even if your account is still in the trial period. I've just sent you an email so we can get that done. Whenever you have a chance, please respond to that email with your .myshopify.com URL. Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 34 66

@uniontradifood wrote:

https://union-tradi-food.myshopify.com/

Thank you for confirming your .myshopify.com URL! Did you receive the email I sent? If so, pease respond directly to that email in order to authenticate the account. I'll keep an eye out for your email. Once I've received the message, I can proceed with adding the carrier calculated shipping feature to your account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Yes, I've received your email.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I need to add on the feature ASAP! Pls reply. It has been almost a week

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 34 66

@uniontradifood wrote:

I need to add on the feature ASAP! Pls reply. It has been almost a week

Hi, @uniontradifood!

I sent you an email on June 6, 2020, but have not yet received a reply. Please respond directly to that email with your .myshopify.com URL. As soon as the account is authenticated via a reply from the account owner email address and confirmation of the .myshopify.com URL there, I'll be able to add the carrier calculated shipping feature right away.

0 Likes