How can I show a limited edtion product with variants?

Highlighted
Excursionist
40 0 1

Hi!

Hopefully someone else have had the same issue and found a solution for this. We are selling limited edition art prints and the customer will be able to make some choices/variants like choose between two different sizes and choose wether he/she want to buy only the print or the print framed. The limited edition for the artwork is 100.

The issue is that I can't put 100 available items for each variant because then the total edition becomes 600 and if I don't offer any available edition on any of the variants then the "counting down" to show how many of the limited edition prints that are left won't work...

How do I do? Do I need a special app for this or is there another way to make it work as it is suppose to?

Help! :)

Best

Linda

Skärmavbild 2020-02-21 kl. 11.56.47.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 48 98

Hey, @linda_pierre 

Thanks for reaching out today! That is a terrific question. While there isn't a direct solution within Shopify at this time to toggle between variant and product total inventory tracking You can definitely set this up with an app like Simple Sync. The app will sync inventory numbers across variants that have the same SKU - so you would be able to just enter the same SKU for each variant, and the app would sync the inventories together within their app.

Since it is a paid app, The nice thing is you can essentially pay for the app temporarily until you are done selling the limited prints and then remove it once you are done. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
40 0 1

Hi Dirk and thank you for your help!

I reached out to them and yes it seems like the app does what I'm looking for. Do you know if there are any more apps that does the same so I can look at different options?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
13 0 3

There is a Shopify App that do exactly that. Display limited edition quantity for each variant. You can try it for 10 days: Limited Edition

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
40 0 1

The limited edition one doesn't do it, it only shows what amount are left per variant and the problem is that I don't want to have a separat inventory per variant since no matter what variant you pick they all pick from the total edition of 100.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
40 0 1

Maybe the Bundles app (https://apps.shopify.com/bundles?surface_detail=bundles) will do the trick... at least they claim so. I haven't figured it out yet though.

The one thing I doesn't understand is why it "behind" cleary shows that each variant has got an inventory of 100 (which I don't want) but in the store it looks like the product only has got a total amount of 100 (which I want) no matter what variant you pick...

Just so I don't get another paying app when I actually don't need it...

Skärmavbild 2020-02-28 kl. 10.52.34.pngSkärmavbild 2020-02-28 kl. 10.54.15.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Linda, im running into a similar issue. Wondering if you found a free solution or if you ended up going with the app?

Thanks,

Taylor

0 Likes