How can i create a shopify app as a begineer

Bahlul_19
1 0 0

Hello everyone, i have my shopify store which i created for development. Now i want to create an app, I am a beginner on this. I saw some tutorials but couldn't find any proper way , how to start this as a newbie. I created four files, install.php, generate_token.php , api_call_write_products.php and one inc folder with function.php file. I saw one tutorial they hosted those three file. I have a question how can i connect my files into the store ,so i can see my app into the store from the local, i saw my files are hosted into the store yet, can anyone help me on this. This there any proper guildline for this. Thank you.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3528 282 676

Hi @Bahlul_19,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question! Building an app is not something I am particularly good at personally but I can point you in the right direction to a few guides which might be able to help and answer some of your questions. 

• The first one is about Making Shopify Apps and the basic steps needed to get the process going. There is an additional guide about Developing on Shopify which might also be helpful here
  • The other guide is about Shopify app development specifically with some videos and tutorials. 

Hopefully, these can give you what you need to get started! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jessie2008
1 0 0
Thank you!Did I get charged anything?
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3528 282 676

Hi @Jessie2008,

Great question! In the instance of you building your own app, there are no charges for you from Shopify's end. The main charge could be hosting an app on your servers, but other than that, it would be your time and team costs only. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes