How to Automatically Send Email When New Product Added

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there an APP (email marketing app?), that can automatically send out an email to my customer list, whenever I add a NEW product? I have had many request from customers, who want an email whenever we add new products. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 190

Hey there, @chamax 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for getting in touch. That is a really great question. While I was not able to find an app that could do that, specifically, I did find that Kit has a similar feature to the one you described. One of the email campaigns you can run with Kit is Our newest products - the products that you've added to your store most recently. Telling Kit to update fans about your newest products can be a good way to highlight and promote new additions to your store. You can read up on all of this here.

I also wanted to share Email Marketing 101: How to Build Your List, Send Effective Campaigns, and Track Results. This blog goes through the ins and outs of email marketing so you can make sure that you are being as effective as possible with your email marketing strategy! Do you have anything big lined up for BFCM? I would recommend taking a look at our BFCM toolkit to get your store in shape for this busy season. 

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @chamax,

Do you want to send the email as soon as you add a new product? Or rather a summary like "products added today"?

Thanks,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I want to send a weekly or perhaps daily email of all the products added that day or that week! Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm trying to figure out a solution with Zapier (or an alternative automation platform). I was able to prepare a task that runs weekly, and retrieves products added in the past week. However, the key challenge here is to pass the list of new products to an email template.

By the way, do you already use any email marketing service?

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
3 0 0
Did you guys figure this out? I have a similar request. I use klaviyo and want to email out new products once a week, automatically. We have a template set. We have a collection. We just need klaviyo or another app to do it automatically. Is that what something like mandrill does?
0 Likes