How to add fields in 'checkout' page?

5 0 0

Hi ,

I am planning to develop a customised checkout page using the shopify. I am facing following issues. Could someone please help me in doing the same?

1. As shown in the attached screen shot , I would like to add a text box "Personnummer".

2. I would like to call/invoke my self extracted/hosted application (developed in java) on the button "Complete my purchase" event given in the screen shot.

3. If I am able to add the text box in the question 1 then how can access the data in my application?

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,

Srini

0 Likes
5 0 0

Can someone please reply to this post. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1179 1 62

Hi Srini,

You cannot add fields to the checkout page (FAQ: http://support.myshopify.com/faqs/help-articles-faq/can-i-customize-my-checkout-page).

I would recommend you capture the additional field and do the validation on the cart page instead.

HTH, Gavin.

Take a look at our Apps: www.bookthatapp.com ♥ www.searchifyapp.com ♥ www.productsassistant.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 0 280

@srini,

You can also use the last checkout page, the 'Thank you' page, to invoke your Java application and pass it the Personnummer information. You can run any scripts and add any sort of content to that last checkout page. It's the exception though. Other checkout pages are off-limits, pretty much. You can translate them though... and apply any CSS rule to them.

Like you were told by Jaded Pixel, you can use the Address 2 line to capture your Personnummer information on page 1 of checkout. How? By translating the text field label. Hence, you can collect the information on page 1 and pass it to your Java app on the Thank you page. The Personnummer information would then be accessible using this Liquid tag:

{{ shipping_address.address2 }}

Caroline from http://11heavens.com ∴ mllegeorgesand AT gmail DOT com
0 Likes
5 0 0

Thank you guys for replying.  

Is there any Shopify API's available for Java or .Net

0 Likes
5 0 0

I want to integrate Shopify with Svea WebPay, which supports 'Pay by Invoice'. It seems this requires that I integrate this gateway into Active Merchant. 

Could someone please let me know how Shopify's front-end form maps to the Active Merchant fields i.e., WebPay requires a 'Personal number' rather than credit card details.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Srini

0 Likes