How to disable Digital Downloads app's "downloads ready" emailer

Hanken
1 0 0
My customers are receiving two emails with different download links of the same file. I want to keep the order receipt one and I want to disable the Digital Downloads app's.
0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 145

Hey, Hanken!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

There are different options within Shopify's Digital Downloads app that you can use to set up the best experience for your customers.

For example, you can set orders to not be automatically fulfilled. This means that they won't automatically receive the email from the Downloads app when they make a purchase. You would still have the option to send it if you wanted to, but if you have another system that will do it, you can bypass this step and only one email will get sent out. This quick video shows how to make that change within the app.

You can also adjust the apps general settings.

19-00-rxxyd-5dnou

Here you can decide whether you want the link to be available on the checkout page or change the emails that would get sent out.

What sort of digital products do you have available on your site?

Thank you, 

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
quiltpatternmar
1 0 0

Hi - I am trying to do the same thing. I'd like to suppress the email, but I'd like the fulfillment to happen automatically/immediately.

We're selling PDFs. Since you can see the download link immediately, getting both the order confirmation, which has a link to the order summary that allows customers to download, and the "Your downloads are ready" email is redundant. Is there a way, other than changing the fulfillment variant?

0 Likes