How to improve checkout conversion?

Magebird
Shopify Partner
64 0 8

Let's talk about checkout conversion. What methods and apps have been most successfully for you to improve conversion?

-One Page Checkout 
-Free shipping
-Free gift
-Countdown timer
-Discount code
-Trust badge images
-Any other idea?

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 80 167

Hey, @Magebird 

There are a variety of ways you can tackle this. I prefer using apps or features on websites that are more subtle in their effect but avoid coming off as aggressive and pushy. I've compiled some of my favorite apps and tutorials that will help you accomplish this:

1. ReConvert Upsell & Cross Sell - Your store's thank you page gives you the perfect retention boosting opportunity! Customers visit the order status page more than once- when receiving default notifications from your store like shipping updates to their email. By optimizing your thank you page & adding upsells or cross sell, you will re-engage customers who just completed a purchase with your store, & catch them when they are most likely to buy or to comply with other requests. This app will help you do exactly that. 

2. Cart Shaker -CartShaker gets the most important element of your store more noticeable. The 'add-to-cart' button! CartShaker is a subtle app that gently reminds the customer to checkout. You can see a demo of their app in action here.
  3.  Out Of The Sandbox has some really great tips & tricks on optimizing your checkout page.
  4. How to set up an easy 'You are $X away from free shipping' banner - this is a free tutorial on coding in a great and easy way to encourage customers to buy more products by offering free shipping above a certain money threshold.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog