How to use Shopify for a printshop with print on demand e-commerce

ivand
2 0 0

Hello,
We are operating a small local brand where we print bags, towels, pillows with colorful designs. We own all our equipment and our site looks like a normal e-commerce, just that we print/create a product after it is ordered and ship it in 4-5 days.

We are now using an old solution (Opencart 1.5 with lots of custom messy work) that does kind of work for us. We are planning to move to Shopify and are wondering what would be the most cost effective way to adapt our current processes.

Right now all orders are aggregated in a custom build kanban page, under Accepted orders.

Once somebody reviews them, they are moved to the Printing stage in the kanban and there we see a calculation of total printing area and get a link to download all print files needed for these orders. So at the back of it there is a library of print files associated with the products and it just aggregates the needed print files in a convenient downloadable archive. Nice touch is that for duplicate prints it puts the files the needed number of times with name variations, making work with the printer simple.

Apart from that, the kanban syncs production statuses of the separate items (for example a towel needs printing and sublimation, a bag has printing, sublimation and sewing) to the separate orders which are highlighted depending on items inside (if all items are ready, order is ready to be dispatched).

I am looking for ideas on how to start doing this with Shopify that don't include a fully custom job. It is an old process and I think that there may be something that fits our workflow at least a little bit.

Ideas?

ps. our business is like Society6 and Redbubble but we are not allowing users to upload their designs.

0 Likes
Nik1144
Shopify Partner
56 1 5

Hi @ivand 

We have a powerful customisable order management solution that works very well with Shopify - you can quickly set up your custom order processing stages and manage them.

As you mentioned, that you print/create a product after it is ordered and ship it in 4-5 days.This specific requirement is an excellent fit for our App Konigle.We would love to give you a demo and showcase the value that we can drive for your business.

We are currently working with multiple businesses whose profile is exactly like yours/ manufacturers i.e they own all their equipments and are creators of their own products. The sell both online and offline -on shopify and otherwise as well.

Link to our App: On Shopify App store is as below:-

Apart from the customisable order management solution ,our app also provides various other functionalities which can help you streamlining your operations while you are starting your journey with shopify.The access to the app helps you do a lot more, with

• inventory control alerts
  • collaboration over an order and order management
  • shipment management
  • payment tracking alerts
  • abandoned cart alerts 
  • Analytics
We offer a free trial along with (24*7) support over email/chat/phone to help you set up.Do let me know your thoughts on taking this discussion ahead..(my coordinates-in signature)

Would love to hear back from you.
Nik
profitJS ‑ Exit Intent Popup:
Abandonment Protector, Social Proof, Messenger Button Widget
Happy to chat via zoom or email at nik@konigle.com, Contact/Whatsapp(24*7): +65 98627079
0 Likes