How to use the presentment_prices

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi. I'm trying to understand how the presentment_prices prices work. I'm implementing /admin/api/2019-07/products.json, and on top of the data that I was already sending I now include presentment_prices both on the product level and on every variation. The presentment price data looks like this:

[
  {
    price: {
      currency_code: 'EUR',
      amount: '4.99'
    }
  },
  {
      currency_code: 'USD',
      amount: '5.694588'
    }
  },
  {
      currency_code: 'GBP',
      amount: '4.2624081'
    }
  }
]

The product creation works fine but these prices don't seem to show up anywere. I enabled multiple currencies in my testshop, and am able to switch between currencies, but it is not using the prices I provided, instead it uses some generic conversion rate. I know this for sure also because I made the presentment_prices be way off the actual price to be able to test this.

I am sending the required header 'X-Shopify-Api-Features': 'include-presentment-prices', with the request, and am not getting any warnings or errors from the response.

I would expect the prices to be what I set in the presentment_prices when changing the currency as a user, but this does not happen. Am I doing something wrong or do I misunderstand how this is supposed to work?

0 Likes