I am looking for a Chargeback Guarantee app. What can you recommend?

Highlighted
1 0 0

There used to be a Chargeback Guarantee app called riskified but I can't find it... I looking fo something that takes responsibility oof a charge back happens

please advise

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
673 50 148

Hey, @cyclops!

Julie here from Shopify Support. I'm glad to hear that you're looking for chargeback protection. Chargebacks are an unfortunate part of running an online business, but we have a ton of resources available to help you prevent and manage them. 

While Riskified is a great option for merchants looking for chargeback protection, I should note that this is not an app offered in the Shopify App Store, so you'll just need to install it directly through their website. We have some more information about how to find and use apps outside of the Shopify App Store here.

If you're looking for an app that can be installed through the Shopify App Store, then I suggest checking out Signifyd or NoFraud Fraud Prevention. Both of these apps will automatically analyze your orders for fraud and can automatically cancel suspicious orders. Similar to Riskified, they also offer guaranteed chargeback protection, meaning that the developers will reimburse you if a fraudulent chargeback occurs. For those looking for extra protection, these apps are quite popular and definitely worth considering. If you have any questions about either of these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly via the Support section on their respective app pages. 

Aside from using an app, you may be eligible for Fraud Protect through Shopify if you are using Shopify Payments and based in the United States. With Fraud Protect activated, online orders processed through Shopify Payments are analyzed and classified as either "protected" or "not protected". You'll pay a fee on each protected order, and Shopify guarantees reimbursement on fraudulent chargebacks while also handling the chargeback process on your behalf. If you are eligible for Fraud Protect, you'll see a Fraud Protect section on the Shopify Payments page in your Shopify admin, along with the option to Set up Fraud Protect

I should also note that PayPal offers their own form of chargeback protection, PayPal Seller Protection, which you can learn more about here. If you process PayPal transactions, then this would also be something worth looking into. 

I hope this provides you with a few different options worth considering and I'm curious to know if you've been experiencing a high number of chargebacks. While we have some information about preventing chargebacks, along with built-in fraud analysis to alert you of any suspicious orders, I'd be happy to lend some further guidance! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes