I have created an app

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 3

I have created an app. But before going on to store I would like to give it to a few customers for trying it. And running on their store for 1 month getting feedback, improve and then apply for store listing. I am not using Shopify billing for that period. Is there anything I should consider before moving with the unlisted app? Any comments appreciated

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
41 1 58

It is best to just list your app, perhaps as a free app during the testing phase.  You can then later start charging.  Most Shopify merchants are not going to trust an unlisted app or give payment details not through shopify, for it seems shady and most responsible business owners are going to want to be safe when it is their business and finances on the line.

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

Hi @tsuj,

Nick here from Shopify. 

@kyle-wickersham makes some great points and that's definitely one way you can approach this. The team at Shopify also wrote a very helpful guide on how to test your app on a development store which is another way you could go about testing the app out. There is a best practices list for testing your app out which you can see in the screenshot below and read here

19-09-vy3wr-xypzs

Hopefully, this helps and gives you some other options to look into for testing before launching your app. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like