I'm confused!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

I'm slowing going through the getting started training, but I'm not sure if I can do what I want to do.

I would like to sell on line as an affiliate selling Amazon products and have registered as an affiliate with them.

I've looked at Zonify to help simplify the process for me as I've no skills at website construction. I think there's also Linkify and Spreadr, any advice on which is the best would be helpful. However, I'm not sure if I can do this from my shopify site?

I'm not sure I've got the right site for this as there is a checkout on the shopify site and if an amazon seller's item is being sold through me, surely I wouldn't need a checkout?

Sorry to be so thick, but like I said, I have zero knowledge about any this and there's so much information, it's all starting to blow my mind!!

I hope someone can straighten me out :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265

If you are purely looking at having an Amazon affiliate site whereby you promote the products but ultimately the visitor clicks on a link and is taken to Amazon to purchase, then Shopify is not the right platform for you. You would be better off with a standard blogging platform e.g. Wordpress.

As you've pointed out, Shopify is designed to be a full ecommerce platform, where the visitor is buying the product on your website.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the Zonify ad and it seems that it only works on Shopify, so if it's not a good platform for affiliate selling, why do you think they've made the app to work only with Shopify?

I've also been looking at Wealthy Affiliate and they use Wordpress, but I think that's just a blogging site, which isn't really what I wanted to do.

Thanks again.

Sarah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265

This is an accepted solution.

Zonify is a totally different business model to the Amazon affiliate model, so you need to decide what kind of business you want to set up.

An Amazon Affiliate gets paid a % of sales that are generated from traffic driven from the affiliates website i.e. your website. In this scenario customer has read something on your site about a product, clicked a link, been taken to Amazon, bought product on Amazon and Amazon pay you a % for sending them the traffic.

The Zonify type set up is totally different. You are advertising products sourced from Amazon on your site. Customer buys them on your site (using Shopify), you then go to the Amazon website and order the product but send it to the customers delivery address. It's basically an arbitrage model (you are trying to sell a product that is available from Amazon for more money than Amazon sell it for)

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks again Jon, that's much clearer now.

I don't mind doing that. 

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sarah

0 Likes