I'm looking for a simple discount pricing app

Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 1 44

I am looking for a simple but stable app that will show one group of customers discounted pricing (%) when they are logged in (using a tag?)...so no need for a discount code. I don't need the functionality of a $30/m app so I was hoping to find something for less. I am using Bold Cashier so it needs to work with all payment gateways. 

Otherwise, perhaps I will lock up the order form and create duplicate products or require the discount code. 

Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations!

Leila

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 75

Hi, Leila!

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

Have you considered using an app like Automatic Discount? This would allow you to set discounts without codes and use rules to have them show up. These conditions can be based on cart details or customer information including tags. After the trial, you can choose a plan based on orders processed. 

Are there any more conditions or reasons for offering these customers discounts? Could the discount be applied to a certain collection, or shared by a link to access a certain sale? 

Depending on the specifics, you could try creating a customer group and then applying an automatic Buy X get Y discount code. This does not require an app, and could be a workaround. Let us know what you've tried so far!

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 1 44

Thank you, Max! That sounds like just what I am looking for. I will try it out. 

I like your workaround idea however I want my special customers to see the discount pricing upfront, so I will try the app first. 

Cheers,

Leila

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 1 44

OK, I see that Shopify allows me to create a discount based on a customer's tag, which is great. I forgot that...because so far that feature does not work with Bold Cashier, which I am using.

However, based on this new understanding, what I am looking for is an app that will display that discount on the product pages, cart and order form, once the tagged customer logs in. Automatic discount seems to have the one-time paid option to have a notice on the cart summing up discounts, but I really need each product price to show the discounted price, either with the full price struck out or the price adjusted. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 75

Hi, Smeelah.

Max, again. 

Have you considered setting up a wholesale approach to show certain customers discounted pricing? Something like Locksmith could be a good option for this. this can be set up to work in conjunction with collections and customer tags.

I haven't tried this app before, but it sounds like Hidden Collections - Wholesale might be another option. 

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 1 44

I really appreciate your follow-up, Max!

Right now I am stuck at the part where Bold Cashier won't allow me to offer discounts according to customer tags...and without Cashier, I don't seem to be able to charge customers in both USD and CAD currency through Bold's currency app..which is also very important to me.

I need to sell to retailers, and this requires the most easy and straightforward pricing, log in and checkout possible. Discount codes seems to be an issue. But so would currency;)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 1 44

I think that I am stuck with Cashier for now, which limits my price display options. So, I am now I am looking for a 'locking' app as you suggested. I tried Magic Pass, which only allows customers with a certain tag to access a page. However, it's not working;(

Basically, I'd like an app that limits access to a page but I don't want customers to have to log in twice which would mean remembering two log-ins and a discount code!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 75

Hi!

Max, again. 

That's understandable. Have you looked for some help with the MagicPass part of the equation yet (if you are keen to keep the rest of your setup)?

It might be worth reaching out to the app developer directly for some more information on how to set up the app for your use case. Their app page lists upsell.apps+magicpass@gmail.com as the contact email, in case you were looking for it!

Let us know if you need any more help with this iteration or another one. It might even be worth using a free trial to play around with some other apps without affecting your live shop, but that's totally up to you!

Best,
Max
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 1 44

Thanks Max. I didn't hear back from Magic Pass:( but I had better luck with Wholesale Lock Manager. A page lock will have to suffice for now. 

I am frustrated that even though Shopify uses Stripe, I am unable to charge CAD with my CAD Stripe account and USD with my USD Stripe account without using an alternate checkout that is incompatible with other important functions and affordable apps but at least I have a workaround for now. 

Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 75

Hi, Smeelah. 

Thanks for the feedback on the checkout/ payment options. 

At this time, we do not have more than one currency available per account/ shop. So, solutions that would allow for this would need to be done externally. Glad to hear you have a workaround, for now. 

If you did want to share your shop URL, I can pass this feedback along to our team internally. It's always good for us to keep a record of requests that merchants have for the functionality of their shops and our platform. 

If you have some more details to share about how this impacts your business and workflow, please share that too. The more info we have, the more persuasive requests become!

Best, 

Max

0 Likes