I need to interview 10 Shopify merchants for product research

Hi,

I've been working on an SEO app since Dec 2016. This week, I've just launched my 2nd app, BYOB - Build Your Own Bundle. It's about customized product bundling. The customer can build a bundle with different products on her own.

Just like some of you, I'm a solo bootstrap founder who wears many hats. It takes me 6 months to finish it. My current target is to self-sustain with ~100 customers.

I've pitched ~25 merchants to try. There are ~10 users who installed my app and uninstalled it after a while.

Since the churn rate is high, I'm going back to the drawing board to see which part of my assumption is wrong. My understanding may not be deep enough to come up with the best solution to your problem. You can also describe your scenario here so that other developers or I can help you. 

I'd like to have some mail exchanges / DM to improve the product to fit your needs. Any of you can give me a hand? Thanks in advance!

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
KieranR
Shopify Partner
227 20 63

Are you pitching this app at self-starter merchants, digital marketers or SEOs? Quick look at the home page, I would have my doubts it'd be of any use to me. 

Happy to give you some detailed feedback from an SEO pov. 

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes

The app is for merchants who want to offer customized bundles. Usually, they have more products & collections. So they would like to put together these products as a 'product group'. But this is not possible under Shopify system design.

When there are not many products, the merchants can define the bundles. e.g Easter Gamer Bundle as a PS5 + 2 games +1y warranty, which the games are picked by the merchants. However, the customers may think that it's not flexible. The games are not my favorite. They would like to select the games (build the bundle) on their own. That's also why I use 'Build Your Own Bundle (BYOB)' as my app name. 

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
0 Likes
KieranR
Shopify Partner
227 20 63

Ohhhh sorry misunderstood. Potentially keen to try it on one of the sites I work on, familiar with non-existing bundling functionality. Does it make it easier to sync bundling info up to Google Shopping? 

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes