Image imports

Dave_Madoch
17 0 0

Hello

We are just getting setup on shopify and I am trying to figure out best flow for our images. We use channel advisor which feeds the image url to shopify. The issue is the new product images will be store on Shopify so I need the shopify image url to input into Channel Advisor before sending the product to Shopify. Is there an app(if necessary) that we can take the image files from a local drive and get them into Shopify before the sku exists? We would then need a way to match the shopify image url to the sku. 

thank you 

0 Likes
Patrick_Moloney
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
220 1 27

Hi, Dave!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

I'm not familiar with Channel advisor but if you're looking to upload a number of files you can upload files to the Files section in the admin. This will give them Shopify URLs, as for attaching the images to the correct SKU you could change the names of the images to the relative SKU's before you upload them so it will be easy to match then afterwards.

Hope that helps  :)
Patrick
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Maris
Shopify Partner
306 5 61

Hi, Dave!

Or you can use the Enterprise plan of Bulk Import Export Update with Excel App, which gives you FTP to upload your images from local drive, and they instantly appear as public links with predictable path and your original image name.

So that you can create an import file with image links pointing to those images, you get the idea. ;)

Oh, and if you already have those Products in Shopify, you can just update them with new images - by doing Export, put the links, and import as update (remove columns from the import file, which you don't want to update). Essentially, you can just import back new images for those Products, and have them updated.

Maris

Matrixify (Excelify) | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://matrixify.app
0 Likes
Jelena
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Hi, there!

Now you can import images by putting them in one row, separated with semicolon. Here is tutorial on how to do that: https://excelify.io/category/tutorials/

Jelena

0 Likes
LizKasian
11 0 0

@Dave_Madoch Well, it's 4 years after still decided to share the option:)

We recently launched an app where you can get your product photographed and after - import final images straight to your products. Maybe you'll be interested to try it:)

0 Likes