Import Shopify Reviews not working

Solved
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi guys,

I'm working on importing reviews with the Shopify Reviews app. 

I downloaded the example CSV and tested it with some products, which succeeded after a while.

Now I want to keep adding new reviews the same way, but I just keep getting errors like these no matter what I try. 

"Line 1 - Error: Could not find product ""."

"Line 1 - Error: Rating must be between 1-5, Title can't be blank, Body is too short (minimum is 3 characters), Name can't be blank, Email is invalid, and Created at has blank or invalid date format."

I'm so confused why I doesn't work anymore, does anyone have this problem too? 

Best regards,

Samantha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

Hello there, 

Did you get any support on this?

I've got the same issue, going crazy over it. I tried everything and I keep having these errors... 

All the best, 

Raphael 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I have the same issue. Have checked for all the commoin errors, separation, UFT8-encoding etc. Its just broken...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, actually I found how to do it. You should use Google form.

You can use this template if you'd like. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YxQ38GIml5-3WaHpYjNSb-X3lISJNuVU9-7cbrDK5UM/edit?usp=sharing

Once you filled everything (you can leave some columns blank), download it as "comma-separated-values, csv" and import the file into the app. It should work. 

Hope they would have documented it correctly, would have saved me hours of trying and errors. 

Best, 

Raphael

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

@JokerDeluxe wrote:

Hi, actually I found how to do it. You should use Google form.

You can use this template if you'd like. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YxQ38GIml5-3WaHpYjNSb-X3lISJNuVU9-7cbrDK5UM/edit?usp=sharing

Once you filled everything (you can leave some columns blank), download it as "comma-separated-values, csv" and import the file into the app. It should work. 

Hope they would have documented it correctly, would have saved me hours of trying and errors. 

Best, 

Raphael

Haha this is mad! It worked! When comparing the new exported file from Google Apps with my locally exported file from Excel, they are identical. It must be something hidden within the encoding that is different. Crazy, i spent a good 4hrs with this last night. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Thank you, that works! :D

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Update: First attempt on a 10 row sheet worked perfect. I then added 40 more for a total of 50 rows. Exporting the same file again with 50 rows gave me 32 error lines again, and i cant see the pattern....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0
Weird... I personally imported over 100 of my reviews with this template and it worked fine.

CSV files need to be formatted exactly, one extra space or comma can cause errors.

Hope you’ll sort it out !

Best,
Raphael
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Solved now, it was my bad. I assumed that product SKU = product_handle, to me this was the case with ~50% of the products, but some had changed so the error handling was actually correct. Once i updated the handle under Product -> Edit SEO to match the SKU it all worked fine.

0 Likes