Instagram Shopping Rejections?

10 0 0

Greetings!

Just made a new store here on Shopify after moving over from Squarespace. I wanted to take advantage of the Facebook And Instagram integration so I can reach more of my followers. All my products are stickers, lanyards, license plate frames, calendars, all based around a certain car model. So there is no offensive, or risky items to bounce off of Facebooks policies. I have a Business Facebook Page linked to my Business Instagram account currently holding around 8K Followers. I connected my Shopify to my Facebook page and the store works on Facebook. So I went to apply to Instagram for Instagram shopping. My request was rejected and doesn't tell me why.

I checked this page https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/953354718105045 and I can't select a page to get products that have been rejected. I get this.

image.png

For some reason it doesn't see my page. 

Anyway I also got the following E-mail from Shopify.

image.png

I went through their commerce policy and I am not selling anything on their list. I don't even have foul language or anything close to it on my items. 

So what did I do wrong? I don't need a Commerce Catalog because I have Shopify connected.

I have put in a request for an appeal through this page --> https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/262773191256733 .

This is the first time I have submitted for Facebook and Instagram shopping and I followed their tutorial to the letter. And If it is a product that they have an issue with why do they not list any of them in the screenshot above? Also all my products show up on my Facebook shop coming right from Shopify. So there wa a product they had an issue with wouldn't it not show up there?

Can anyone help me out?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2283 154 318

Hi @LancerNation,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This does seem strange as to why your request would be rejected. Just to make sure you follow all the requirements for the Instagram sales channel which you can see in the help guide here. Would you be able to double-check them and let me know. 

In instances like this, Shopify is tied in the sense that this is something out of our control and is decided by Facebook/Instagram. It would be great if they could list the product and the issue with it for rejections as it would make life easier and much more helpful for store owners such as yourself. Other than making sure you have all the requirements and submitting your appeal through the link, there isn't much else to do, so you're on the right track. Fingers crossed your appeal is successful. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
10 0 0
Greetings Nick,

Facebook also is confused as to what the issue is. I do have a question. I checked my Facebook Catalog and it says I don't have permissions to my own catalog?

Can you explain this?
See screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JP1yJwAkh6ZWCQu36
0 Likes
10 0 0

@Nick Facebook continues to be confusing. 

First they say you need a Facebook catalog. Even though I have a Shopify catalog.

Next they say I have a "mixed use account". 

I have a business Instagram account that I have been promoting my customers cars with my products on it and all my products and events without shopping. I was hoping Instagram Shopping would make it easier to post my products.

Alot of the things they E-mailed me back are confusingly put in their FAQs and some items aren't in their FAQ.

0 Likes