Instagram page not linking!

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Rae,

I’m facing the same problem. I followed all the steps that you advised on this forum but still says.
"Your connected Facebook Page on Shopify isn’t connected to an Instagram Account. Learn more about connecting your Instagram account to your Page." ?

I already contacted instagram but they didn’t reply yet. It is really frustrating this situation as I’m trying for more then 2 weeks to solve this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 28 187

Hi, @Evonna

Thank you for letting me know that you're also experiencing troubles with this. 

Since you've tried everything else outlined in this thread, and you've already contacted Instagram about this, there's one final troubleshooting step that I can recommend, which is completing these steps, or following the steps listed below: 

1. Open up your Instagram app on a mobile device. 
  2. Head to your business profile and tap 'Edit Profile'
  3. Under 'Public Business Information'  tap 'Page'
  4. Select your Facebook business page here. 

Once you do this, the error you're receiving should be resolved. However, if it's still appearing, then I recommend reaching back out to Instagram about this for further direction.  

Please let me know how this goes! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi, @Rae 

Thank you so much for your reply!

I finally solved the problem a few days ago. What I did is to add a few pictures of the product on the instagram account and then I was able to add the Facebook business page to my Instagram account. Because even that was showing facebook page is connected it wan’t. When it connects the Facebook sign becomes light blue and not blurry like before. Then straight away I went and applied for instagram tagging and they accepted in 10 min. 

Hope this will help other users as well that are struggling with this.

Best wishes!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 28 187

Hi, @Evonna

I'm glad to hear this setup is now working correctly on your account.

Thank you for following up to confirm how you solved this issue, too. I appreciate you sharing these extra details here, as hopefully this information will help other Community members who are also experiencing the same troubles with their Instagram and Facebook connections. 

Cheers! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi can you please help me. None of my accounts are linking up Shopify to Facebook or Facebook and Instagram. This isn’t allowing me to run my business properly. Please if someone can help me resolve This issue ASAP. On Shopify I got to the business manager set up and it says I’m temporarily  blocked. I’m so confused this is all so stressful. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 28 187

Hi, @Aleabyk

Thanks for letting me know about the error you're receiving. I understand how this is impacting your business, and the urgency in getting this resolved. I'm glad to lend a hand. 

Can you please send me a screenshot of the message you're seeing in Shopify regarding your account being temporarily blocked? Make sure to hide any sensitive information from this screenshot, and just leave the error message visible.

Once I receive this, I can take a closer look and help work towards a resolution. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Rae, 

thank you so much for getting back to me! I literally can’t find anyone to help me with this mess  so attached are the screenshots one is from my desktop computer when I try to create business manager after I have successfully linked my Facebook in the first step. The other two are from my Instagram when I try to link the only Facebook page that I have  I don’t know what else to do  I’ve tried everything and read so many posts on advice on what to do nothing works.   Now in Instagram I’m no longer allowed to do promotion posts since yesterday because of this mess.  I really need this fixed ASAP to help my business grow properl.

117784DA-35F9-4109-B141-290749658EBB.jpeg

05A35B12-B069-4A29-A37E-CE55F95D5114.png

CE735C14-4808-4B5C-9581-0F48ED25F6CD.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 28 187

Hi, @Aleabyk

Thanks for getting back to me with these details. There's several troubleshooting steps we can try in this instance. 

To confirm, do you already have an existing Facebook Business Manager account? If so, was this account created directly on Facebook, by following these steps, prior to you adding the Facebook Channel on Shopify? Connecting an existing Facebook Business Manager account to Shopify can help resolve this error, so if you have an account that was previously created, please try linking this to your Shopify admin by following this process.  

If this doesn't resolve the error, I recommend creating a new Facebook Business Manager account directly on Facebook. Once you've completed this, go ahead and add this new account to the 'Facebook' section of your Shopify admin, as outlined here

If you're still receiving an error after completing this troubleshooting, then I suggest reaching out to Facebook via their Business Help Center for more information. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

We have an error message appearing "Instagram account has not been confirmed".

Please could you advise on how we re-connect our Instagram? It's currently hidden from the homepage as it's not working properly.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 28 187

Hi, @sbshoes

Thanks for joining this thread. 

To confirm, are you using the Facebook Channel to connect your Instagram account to your Shopify site? If your Facebook and Instagram set up doesn't look like what's shown in this help document, then you may need to migrate to the current Facebook Channel by following these steps

Can you also please send me a screenshot of where this error is showing up on your end? I recommend making sure that any sensitive, store-specific details are hidden from your screenshot before posting it here. 

I'm happy to help take a closer look into this once I have the above details. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes