Instagram page not linking!

Highlighted
1 0 0

I get this error message in my Instagram Sales Channel on Shopify "Your connected Facebook Page on Shopify isn’t connected to an Instagram Account. Learn more about connecting your Instagram account to your Page." even though my Page is linked to my Instagram Business Account. Can you please fix that? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 28 150

Hi, @from!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out about your Instagram connection, and welcome to the Community. 

When this error occurs, there are a few different troubleshooting steps I recommend trying to get this resolved. 

As a starting point, can you please open your Instagram app from a mobile device and login to your business account. Then, head to your profile and open the menu in the top right hand corner. From here, select 'Settings > Account > Linked accounts'. Under 'Facebook', please check to make sure your correct Facebook business page is linked. If the incorrect page is linked, just tap on 'Facebook'  to connect the correct account instead. 

Next, please login to your Facebook account and head into your business page. Click 'Settings'  and then scroll down to 'Instagram'. Double check to make sure your business Instagram account is connected to your Facebook page here. If it's not already connected, please go ahead and do this. 

After you've completed these steps, are you able to tag products correctly on your Instagram app?

Please keep me posted on the above. I look forward to hearing back from you about this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Rae, 

I'm getting the same error message. I tried disconnecting and connecting Facebook back again, but after a few tries Shopify still does not recognize that my Instagram and Facebook pages are already linked! Please help, I just launched Shopify and hope to get this sorted asap it's important. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 28 150

Hi, @ssekjewelry

Thank you for reaching out about the troubles you're having with your Instagram and Facebook connection. I understand the urgency in resolving this, and I'm glad to help out further. 

To confirm, do you see the option to tag products on your Instagram posts through your Instagram app? If so, this is a great sign! 

If you're not seeing this option currently, we can certainly help troubleshoot and track down the issue. With that being said, on your Facebook Business page, do you see a 'Shop' tab?

Additionally, in your Shopify admin, do you see any errors listed under the 'Facebook Shop'  section? Or, is your Facebook Business page showing as 'connected' here?

Looking forward to hearing back from you regarding the above! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Rae,

Thanks for your response but I hope this can be expedited with much thanks!
:)

1) I cannot find the option to tag products on my Instagram page. I have
updated the app to the latest version.

2) Yes, my Facebook page has a "Shop" tab

3) In my Shopify admin, there are no error messages in my Facebook tab
besides having some products not published due to being categorized as
"dating" items.

4) Please refer to this screenshot:

[image: WhatsApp Image 2020-03-11 at 6.52.44 PM.jpeg]

I have tried to disconnect and connect both pages according to the advised
sequence, and my Instagram and Facebook pages are clearly connected as I
post on Facebook automatically when I post on Instagram.

Do advise, Rae! Appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 28 150

Hi, @ssekjewelry!

Thanks for following up with these details. 

It sounds like your Facebook page is set up correctly, which is excellent. However, since you're still unable to tag products on Instagram, I recommend trying the following steps to troubleshoot further: 

1. Open up your Instagram app from a mobile device and visit your business profile
  2. Tap 'Edit Profile'
  3. Under 'Page', ensure your Business Facebook account is linked, not your personal Facebook account

Once your Business Facebook account is definitely linked here, please follow these steps: 

1. From your Instagram app on your business profile, tap the three lines in the top corner to open the menu 
  2. At the bottom of the menu, tap 'Settings' 
  3. Tap 'Business' 
  4. Tap 'Shopping' 
  5. Ensure the product source under 'From Facebook Pages'  is tied to your store's .myshopify.com URL

If you're unable to see the 'Shopping'  section or the catalog information mentioned in steps 4 and 5 above, please make sure your Instagram app is fully up to date. If the app is already updated, I recommend toggling your Instagram account from a business account, to a personal account, and back to a business account once again. You can do this by following these steps

If you're still unable to tag products on Instagram after completing these steps, please reach out to Instagram directly for more assistance on this, as this is something that will need to be investigated further on Instagram's end. To contact them, I suggest submitting a report directly through your Instagram app by following these steps

Let me know how this goes! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Rae,

Yes I checked that my business Facebook account is linked on my Instagram
app! Not my personal account.

I tried toggling back to personal and then back to business, but all I see
is this— which was the same. I tried requesting Instagram to approve my
page this way, about a week ago. They have not yet done so.

[image: screenshot2.jpg]
[image: screenshot1.jpg]

Please advise if this is something positive?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 28 150

Hi, @ssekjewelry!

I appreciate your response. 

It looks like the images you attached unfortunately didn't come through to me here. With this in mind, can you please attach these again using the 'Photos' button directly above the text box when typing a reply to me? This button can be found beside the other formatting options. It looks like this: 

20-03-efimo-wl49x.png

If you're unable to toggle your account between a personal and business account, then this may need to be looked into by Instagram further. However, once I receive the screenshots from your app and check out the options you're seeing, I can take a closer look. 

In the meantime, I'm glad to hear that you've already contacted Instagram about this. Hopefully they can get back to you with more information.

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi Rae,
My problem is the same as yours. Identical in every aspect. I've tried everything, read every forum. Going three weeks now with no solution. I'm at my wits end.
Hopefully we'll get a solution soon.
All the Best
Simone
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 28 150

Hi, @Simone955

Thank you for reaching out to let me know about the troubles you've having. I'm sorry to hear about the frustration this has caused, and I'm glad to help offer more assistance. 

To confirm, are you also receiving this error message: "Your connected Facebook Page on Shopify isn’t connected to an Instagram Account. Learn more about connecting your Instagram account to your Page." ?

If so, I suggest working through the additional troubleshooting shared above in this thread to ensure: 

• Your Facebook business account is linked to your Instagram business account under 'Settings > Account > Linked accounts > Facebook'  in your Instagram app. 
  • Your Instagram business account is linked to your Facebook business account on your Facebook business page under 'Settings > Instagram' . 
  • Your Facebook business page has a 'Shop' tab, and is using the 'Shopping' template.
  • Your Facebook business page is connected to your Facebook Shop channel in your Shopify admin, by following these steps
  • The product source within your Instagram app is tied to your .myshopify.com URL under 'Settings > Business > Shopping > From Facebook Pages'  directly within your Instagram app. 
  • Your Instagram app is fully up to date on your device. 

If you've followed all of these steps, and you're still unable to tag products on Instagram, then I recommend reaching out to Instagram about this directly for more assistance, as they will need to investigate this further on their end. You can do this by submitting a report via your Instagram app, as outlined here

Please feel free to reply to me here if you have any questions or concerns about the steps mentioned above. I'm happy to help further! 

0 Likes