Integrate Next.js App in Shopify Theme

2 0 0

Hello everyone,

I've recently building a Custom Form and FAQ app with Next.js. Basically the app fetch FAQ elements from Re:amaze and display the informations to the user. This app is now deploy on Heroku and my last step is to embed this app on my shopify theme. Later I want to create features for creating/editing articles on the app admin.

So the point here is: How to display my App on my store where only app owner can access to the creation and editing part and display the FAQ articles on a page for my Shopify Theme end user ?

I've seen Script Tag and Embedded App on the documentation but I'm not sure if that fit my needs. 

Can you guide me for these next steps ?

Thank you and Happy new years !

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
104 4 32

Hey @Jbardon!

I've basically asked the customer to add the liquid tags themselves, since the location can be quite tricky (at least in my app).

So:

1. Generate some liquid snippet based on user input/outside information

2. Inject it into the snippets folder using the Asset API, capturing the name of the snippet for later processing

3. Instruct the user to use {% include snippety-snippet %} somewhere in their store.

It really is quite straightforward when you do it once. 

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
0 Likes