What are affordable inventory management apps for new online Shopify stores?

LetsGetAGift
Tourist
8 0 2

I'm just looking for recommendations please...

I know about Stocky, however I'm a new business and I can't justify that expense just yet.

I've just purchased a barcode scanner.  As with most new business, I have been taking control of my stock using an excel spreadsheet and eyeballing everything.  This is time consuming and I know for a fact there's easier and better ways to manage stock. 

I'd like to find an app that does the following:

Stock taking and inventory updating.

Order management - as I pack orders, I scan the barcodes and they are essentially 'ticked off' the order so I can't forget anything or put something extra in the package.  

I don't do PoS, I'm purely online based so having Shopify Pro won't help me.  

Any ideas?

Replies 7 (7)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

We developed a companion app to our system which allows you to do stocktakes, cycle counts and receive inventory. It also lets you load orders and pick against them by scanning barcode. 

It is designed to only need an iOS or Android phone so you don't need any additional hardware as the phone camera is used as a scanner.

Let me know if you would like to test it out as we are looking for feedback and new feature requests. You can email me at tom@channelup.io and I can get my devs to get you setup and using it. No costs to test it out and see if it helps your business.

Regards

Tom

LetsGetAGift
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Tom,

Ideally, I didn't want to use a phone, I wanted a dedicated scanner however, I am more than happy to take part in any trial and provide feedback.

The scanner that I purchased is now boxed up and ready to go back as I've still been unable to find any software at a reasonable price for the size of my business. So, it'll be pen, paper and excel for me for a bit longer.

I'll pop you an email, thanks for the reponse.

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

We are adding socket mobile devices to the app as well to give more flexibility but not ready yet so didn't mention it.

Totally agree with your comment as this new feature of our system is based on the fact that current solutions have expensive hardware or the software isn't integrated with platforms for our users.

Regards

Tom

Charlie506
Shopify Partner
60 2 4

Hi @LetsGetAGift,

I think our app EasyScan will be perfect for you, you can create orders, fulfill orders, update inventory and check inventory all at any location, and with any barcode scanner!

If you would like a demo please let me know and I would be more than happy to arrange one. 

Drop me a message on our support channel - https://www.506.io/support 

I look forward to speaking.

Have a great day!

Charlie

If my comments are helpful, please Like my post and Accept Solution.
Product Manager at 506.io

ConnectPOS
Shopify Partner
119 1 12

Hi @LetsGetAGift,

I know you haven't had the idea to use POS yet, however, if you change your mind, ConnectPOS can solve all your riddles!

• ConnectPOS new features - Stocktake - can simplify your inventory management by correctly saving stock numbers for each count. The system will auto-update the number for you.
  • It seamlessly syncs your data from ConnectPOS to the Shopify store and vice versa. You can adjust your inventory right within the POS thanks to the module Adjust Inventory. 
  • ConnectPOS allows you to scan barcodes through a scanner or the camera of mobile devices.

Your seamless experience is what drives us forward. So whenever you look for a POS system, give us a call!

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.

HorseCowboy
Shopify Partner
59 0 24

Hi Let's Get A Gift,

If you're new, Horse is free. It does do stock taking and inventory updating, but unfortunately it doesn't work with a barcode scanner 😞

Check out why Shopify store owners are switching to Horse for all of their inventory management needs.

hubbedinventory
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

You can check out hubbed.co's shopify app here. We have a shopify app that helps you manage your customer orders, customer data, and also inventory level and automation of the reorder process. You can scan items and conduct stocktake easily too!

Stocktaking

stocktake.png

Manage Your Orders

You can manage orders easily with Hubbed's easy status filtering. It also syncs across different shopify stores and different marketplaces like Lazada and Shopee.

hubbedinventory_0-1669177473369.png

Generate Picklist

With the orders, you can generate a picklist that helps you to pick your items easily in your warehouse.

hubbedinventory_1-1669177473359.png

Create and Automate Purchase Order

You can create purchase orders and automate according to date, or stock level 🙂 

hubbedinventory_2-1669177473373.png

Manage Customers / Customer insights

We have more than customer insights - get a good understanding of your top sellers, slow moving items, and top customers.

hubbedinventory_3-1669177473348.png

Inventory analysis

hubbedinventory_4-1669177473370.png

Low stock Report

Other Bonus Features

We also have features like expiry date management.

Hope this helps! 🙂