Inventory app with xero integration, multiple locations, autobuild bundles from stock

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I would really value some informed recommendations for a robust solution to my inventory woes. I have recently updated to Shopify from Squarespace and Xero from AccountEdge. I need to tie Xero and Shopify together with better inventory management than either Xero or Shopify presently have. I have 3 inventory locations and sell from 2 of them. One is in the US and the other is in Australia. UK is a possibility in the future. We publish and sell our own books. <e2epublishing.info> Have approximately 100 line items currently but expanding. We sell a lot of bundles so I need a system that can auto build bundles from stock and track inventory as appropriate. I'd rather it did not send me broke paying for it too. ;-)  If this is not the best forum to put this question to, I would value a link to the better option.

Suggestions as to what to look at gratefully received.

Many thanks

Mark

0 Likes
Explorer
64 0 22

Hey Mark,

Are all your inventory locations on Shopify, or are some inventory locations in Xero and thats why you also need to sync inventory between Shopify and Xero? Just trying to understand your setup better!

⚡Sync inventory + bundles/kitting in real-time between Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square with Trunk @ trunkinventory.com
0 Likes
3 0 0
Thank you for your response. Most of our retail sales go through Shopify. However we do a lot of trade sales and need to be able to track our inventory through multiple locations. Ultimately to keep track of our accounts Xero needs to be aware of stock movements and sales no matter what the channel.

I hope that helps clarify the situation. Thanks again.
0 Likes

Success.

Hi Mark,

I believe that you need more robust system than Shopify and Xero only. Since you need to create bundles, you might need an inventory management software. Maybe, have a look at Dear. It has bill of materials (for you to create bundles) and also may be able to connect a few selling channels. Also, I would recommend you to process everything through Shopify, even if you are processing sales offline. This way, at least, you will have all your sales in one place. However, I strongly believe that you won't avoid having a separate app for inventory management, unless you will be adding more SKUs to Shopify in the form of bundles.

Masha.

---
Accounting professional with experience in e-commerce and other industries. Specializing in Xero & QBO setups, year-end/period-end catching up, and monthly support
www.canadiancloudaccounting.ca
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Masha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  I did post the question a while back and have done a lot of research since.  Your advice is spot on.  For a company of our size (small) Dear Systems or TradeGecko was recommended. We went with TradeGecko but I believe Dear Systems is equivalent. We are also in the process of evaluating ShipStation and StarShipIt. Again very similar systems.

For others who may see this thread I'd strongly suggest contacting Jeri Wambeek, Co-Founder, WhichAddOn. She gives great advice and can point you in the right direction after taking all the time it takes to understand your business and it's requirements.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

cheers

Mark

0 Likes

Glad I could help.;)

And, yes, you are right - without in-depth information about the company, it is hard to give more details on what could/should be done. I based my answer on my experience with inventory management in manufacturing and e-commerce/retail. However, the setup of all systems is individual for every company and research and extensive testing needs to be done before you'd be able to run everything smoothly.

Masha.

---
Accounting professional with experience in e-commerce and other industries. Specializing in Xero & QBO setups, year-end/period-end catching up, and monthly support
www.canadiancloudaccounting.ca
0 Likes