Inventory by Kits App

Highlighted
2 0 0

I've tried a variety of apps including Bundles, Simple Sync, Connected Inventory, Products Assistants, etc. to no avail. What we're trying to accomplish is to keep track of our inventory by weight or even just be able to add/input a specific decimal, for example 2.541 into the inventory quantity slot.

To give a clear picture:

Lets say we have 3lbs of a certain tea.

And we have 3 options our customers can purchase:

1oz (.0625lbs), 2oz (.125lbs) and 4oz (.25lbs) bags

So what we'd like to do is to input 3lbs in our inventory and every time someone buys a 4oz bag it will take off .25 from that particular tea, which would then make our inventory 2.75lbs.

Let's go through another senario and say someone buys a 1oz bag of the same tea, that should then reduce our current inventory by 0.0625 which would make our inventory 2.6875.

We can do this with the current POS we use, but since we already use shopify for our online store, we'd like to switch to Shopify POS for the seamless integration.

Is there an app anyone can recommend for this? The apps I tried can't keep track of inventory this way beacause they require whole integers. Thank you in advance! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1226 5 81

Hi Arlo,

Shopify counts units as whole numbers. You can't use decimals. Typically what folks do in this situation is change the units they are storing of the inventory - i.e. In your case it would be ounces.

So what we'd like to do is to input 3lbs in our inventory

You would enter 48 as the inventory (3 * 16).

HTH, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply Gavin. If this is the only way, I guess it might have to do. If I remember correctly, Products Assistants can do this, right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
80 0 23

Hey @Arlo !

Also wanted to drop by and mention that my app Trunk does exactly what you need. Aside from being an inventory syncing app, it can also handle bundles and assemblies and sync accordingly. It unfortunately doesn't do decimals (yet) but I'd love to implement it if that's important to you (i.e. rounding up/down to meet Shopify's requirements). To learn more about this feature: https://help.trunkinventory.com/inventory/creating-assemblies-and-bundles

And here's the website: https://www.trunkinventory.com

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

⚡Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square stores with Trunk
0 Likes