Inventory component raw material management

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi I need an component inventory tracking/management app. Ideally that's not $100 a month! 

Ie we have 6 products that all use red lasting roses. Currently when we sell out of the red lasting roses, we need to individually go into the 6 products that use these red lasting roses and mark the qty as 0 to reflect they are sold out. Then when we get more red lasting roses back into stock we have to go back and update them all to be available to order again. What I’m hoping for is to implement an app where I set the amount of red roses each product needs, then say we get 500 heads of lasting red roses the app updates the availability of each product that needs a red lasting roses based on how many roses we tell the app that are needed for a particular product.

For example one product needs 27 roses, one needs 36, one needs 9. So as sales come in, the original 500 units of red roses will decrease depending on which items are ordered. I want the app to automatically update how many of a particular product I can sell based on how many red lasting roses I have. If I am down to 20 of them and one product needs 36 then that product isn’t available but if it’s the product that only needs 9 then I could sell 2 more. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you find any apps to suit your requirements? 

The only one we found for the same issue was 

https://apps.shopify.com/katana-mrp-manufacturing-and-inventory-management

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
96 0 7

Hi @cartelflowers 

You can use Airtable and our Shopify & Airtable integration to accomplish this - manage raw input inventory alongside the inventory of the finished product available to buy in Shopify. You can use Airtable formulas to calculate how many products you can sell based on the flower inventory, and then sync this back to Shopify. Happy to show you how it works in action. Also, check out our guide on how to manage and track Shopify inventory .

0 Likes
Highlighted
20 0 0

Hey @cartelflowers  -- I'm actually working on a product that helps organizing and facilitating inventory management, with specific features for produced goods.  I'd love to learn about the specific painpoints you are experiencing and if the solution I'm building can help out.  Want to shoot me an email at gary[at]explo.co? 

Looking forward to it!

0 Likes