Inventory management raw materials and finished products

3 0 0

Hi, 

I'm new to Shopify, and I have a client who sells perfume. They only have 12 different finished goods. They receive the scented liquid in bulk then fill up the bottles (5ml) and sell as the finished product. In a production situation, this would equate to a bill of materials with two components for a finished product called 'perfume'

Perfume

1 x bottle

5ml scent

I am looking for an app which allows me to monitor the stock levels for the finished product, both online and if I am selling in person through the POS, and also, monitors stock levels for the raw materials. If I buy the scent in bulk, I would want to then record each time I consume 5ml, and have an alert (or an automatic PO) to order some more when my stock reaches a certain level. For the finished product, when the stock reaches a certain level, alert me to 'make some more' or raise an automatic works order. I know I can set the stock levels against the finished product, but from what i can tell, this is ignored if I am selling in person. What happens if the person in the shop doesn't have visibility of the stock levels?

Can anyone recommend an app that would cater for this? As we are only talking about 12 items, and not hundreds, I am looking for something lightweight that cover all of the scenarios described.

Many thanks in advance

Lisa

0 Likes
Explorer
65 0 22

Trunk can definitely help you track your raw materials and final product inventory. You can learn more about the feature here: http://bit.ly/trunkhelpbundles

The only thing it can't do yet however is the stock notifications. Learn more about Trunk @ https://trunkinventory.com

⚡Sync inventory + bundles/kitting in real-time between Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square with Trunk @ trunkinventory.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

I'll check it out thanks ,but it is really important to be able to track the stock quantities of the raw materials. Its make to order, so when a finished good is sold, automatically reduce the stock, and send some kind of reorder notification (or better still raise a PO automatically)

0 Likes